Mortal Kombat! ASP.NET MVC vs ASP.NET WebForms - WebForms Demo
The Classic Approach To Web
Mortal Kombat! ASP.NET MVC vs ASP.NET WebForms
• Why WebForms
• Demo / Walk Through
• Tips / Tricks
• More Focused on UI
o Rich Controls
o Easy to Adopt HTML and CSS Changes
o Easier for Designers to Work with Developers
o Master Pages
• Rapid Development
• Great for small shops
Easy to Build Plugins
• Custom WebForm Controls
o Add to Toolbox
o Build Library of Plugins for Future Projects
o Control how how much gets rendered
o More Complex Code
• User Controls
o Easy to Encapsulate Repeatable Code
o Can be used as a plugin
o Coded like a WebForm within a WebForm
o Keep Complicated Functions Separate from the Main Form
Tips / Tricks
• High school taught us to wrap it up – Don’t!
• ViewState can really bloat your page; Be careful!
• Use a custom page base , it can save you
• Use classes and controls to organize yourself
• Master Pages are great to keep a common
• More difficult to create tests
• More difficult to adapt to SCRUM process
• ViewState, useful, but very messy
• Post backs are a pain in the @ss!
Use the right tool!
You can do any project with any tool.
For Further Questions