Dr. Md. Anwarul Islam
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
HOW TO ACCESS
e-Resources Access Tutorial Series of SAU Library
• HINARI stands for –
Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative.
• HINARI Programme set up by WHO to gain access to
biomedical and health literature collections.
• HINARI was launched in January 2002, with some 1500
journals from 6 major publishers.
• 190 publisher partners and up to 500 publishers’ content are
offering more than 58,000 information resources in HINARI.
Eligibility to access
• HINARI Core Offer includes two groups of
countries, areas, or territories.
• Local, not-for-profit institutions in two groups of
countries, areas, or territories may register for
access to the publications through the Core Offer
• Bangladeshi institutions have free access after
Institutions registered with HINARI
Bangladesh has free access
• Research4Life is the collective name for the
four programmes –
HINARI, AGORA, OARE and ARDI – that
provides developing countries with free or low
cost access to academic and professional
peer-reviewed content online.
Site URL http://www.research4life.org/
Access to HINARI - 1
• HINARI provides username and password based
• May collect your institutional username and
password from Librarian.
• Should not share the username and password.
• Should not access to HINARI by your institutional
username and password from abroad.
Access to HINARI - 2
• Open your browser, any one -
• Type URL