ATTITUDE’S CONTRIBUTION TO SUCCESS
IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE TO
FACTORS OF ATTITUDE
THE BENEFITS OF A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
10-Jul-13 IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1 3
ATTITUDE’S CONTRIBUTION TO
•The foundation of
of your chosen
field, is attitude.
•Studies have found
that recruitment or
promotion in a job
is 85% of the time
because of his/her
attitude and only
15% of the time
knowledge.10-Jul-13 4IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
Importance Of Attitude To Organization
• The most valuable asset of an organization is PEOPLE.
• People with better attitude would be better team players, cut
back on waste and become more loyal.
10-Jul-13 8IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
What Is TQP?
T – TOTAL
Q – QUALITY
P -- PEOPLE
10-Jul-13 10IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
Who Are Total Quality People?
Total Quality People are people with ----
• Good character – The good qualities that distinguishes
someone from others.
• Integrity– The quality of being honest,
having strong moral principles.
• Good Values – Faithful, dedicated, devoted, loyal, generous,
• Positive Attitudes – Taking any situation in a positive manner
10-Jul-13 11IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
10-Jul-13 12IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
FACTORS OF ATTITUDE
10-Jul-13 13IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
• Home : positive or negative influences
• School: peer pressure
• Work : supportive or over-critical
• Media : television, newspapers,
magazines, radio, movies
• Cultural background
• Religious background
• Traditions and beliefs
• Social environment
• Political environment
10-Jul-13 14IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
• Our behaviour changes according to our experiences with
people and events in our life. If we have a positive experience
with a person, our attitude toward him becomes positive and
10-Jul-13 15IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
10-Jul-13 16IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
How Do You Recognize People With A Positive
Just as the absence of ill health does not equal good health, in the
same way the absence of negativity does not make a person positive.
People with positive attitudes have certain personality traits that are
easy to recognize. They are caring, confident, patient, and humble.
They have high expectations of themselves and others. They
anticipate positive outcomes.
A person with a positive attitude is like a fruit of all seasons. He is
10-Jul-13 18IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
10-Jul-13 19IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
THE BENEFITS OF A POSITIVE
Benefits For You-
• Makes for a pleasing personality
• Is energizing
• Increases your enjoyment of life
• Inspires others around you
• Helps you become a contributing member of society and
an asset to your country.
10-Jul-13 20IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
Benefits For The Organization
• Increases productivity
• Solves problem
• Improves quality
• Makes for a congenial atmosphere
• Breeds loyalty
• Increases profits
• Fosters better relationships with employers, employees
• Reduces stress
10-Jul-13 22IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
10-Jul-13 23IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1
People have nothing positive to say.
Not able to see anything that was good in someone or
Creates an unpleasant atmosphere at home, work, and
become liability to society.
How To Change???
10-Jul-13 25IMPORTANCE OF ATTITUDE by group 1