Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
● Debian-derived Linux distribution, designed for digital
forensics and penetration testing
● From the creators of BackTrack comes Kali Linux, the most
advanced penetration testing distribution created till now
● Supported platform of the Metasploit a tool for developing
and executing security exploits
● Pre Installed with over 600 penetration-testing
Prerequisites for Kali
● A device running Android 2.1 and above, rooted.
● At least 5 GB free space on internal or external storage.
● A fast, wireless internet connection.
● Patience to wait for a distribution to bootstrap from the
Linux vs windows
sources LINUX Windows
cost free for everyone $119 - $199.99
open source development developed and distributed
Licence free Proprietary
Update Methods different windows update
Default user interface Gnome or KDE (Depends
Why pen test? What does it includes:
● Prevent data breach
● Test your security controls
● Ensure system security
● Test the ability of n/w
● Port scanning.
● Attempting to break in
● Reporting back the
● Whois : information
● Maltego : for information
● Hydra : for brute force step..
● Vega : for Vulnerability
Penetration testing tools