1. Who am I ?
• Given below is my fictional biography.
• My full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. In a series of novels
published by Random House in the 1960s, my parents' names are
given as George and Margaret Roberts from the fictional town of
Willows, Wisconsin. In the Random House novels, I attended
Willows High School.
• I have over 40 pets including cats and dogs, horses, a panda, a lion
cub, and a zebra. I own a wide range of vehicles, including pink
Corvette convertibles, trailers, and jeeps. I also hold a pilot's
license, and operate commercial airliners in addition to serving as a
flight attendant. My career is designed to show that women can
take on a variety of roles in life, and I have been sold with a wide
range of titles.
2. These are some of the ever green movies of Bollywood. Who
is the only actor common in all these movies? (Other than SRK of
Hint- A national award winner
KKHH - Principal Malhotra (Rani’s father)
DDLJ - SRK’s father
Darr - Juhi’s Brother
Mohabbatein - Kake( The Punjabi Guy flirting
with Archana Puran Singh)
3. ID X
• X started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills
(TOMCO), part of the Tata Group; it was named
after a French opera , which itself is the French
form of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, also
renowned for her beauty. It was started in
1952, famously because the then Prime
Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, was concerned that
Indian women were spending precious foreign
exchange on beauty products, and personally
requested JRD Tata to manufacture them in India.
5. ID the Dish
The name is derived from the Persian word
meaning "fried, roasted". It originated in Turkey or
Persia and was brought to India by Muslim
travellers and merchants and the Mughals. It was
traditionally prepared in earthenware pots and is
known for its unique aroma, flavor and spices. The
spices and condiments used may include, but are
butter), nutmeg, mace, pepper, cloves, cardamom,
leaves, ginger, onions, and garlic. The premium
varieties include saffron.
6. Who is she?
• As a little girl, she was fascinated watching her father
typing stories on the typewriter. She got a typewriter at the
age of 7 and started typing poetries. When she was only 2
year old, she had lost one of her 8 step brothers in a road
accident. At the age of 8, she wrote a song which was
inspired by her father who wore dark glasses for 4 whole
years to hide the grief of losing his son. At the age of
13, she was signed by Sony Music for 3 albums.
• In 2013, she was listed on Forbes as one of the 100 most
powerful women in the world.
• Hint – Think Latin America
9. Who am I?
• I am the first Indian woman to graduate from
Harvard Business School. I am also the first
woman to guide the functioning of a foreign
bank in India. I was also the first ever female
president of FICCI.
10. ID X
• Former Victoria's Secret Angel Miranda Kerr is the new face of
X. (1 day ago)
• The X is a type of Y that gained worldwide prominence in the
1990s. Although the X name was first trademarked in the U.S.
in 1955, the brand was developed in Canada.
• Moses (Moe) Nadler, founder and majority owner of the
Canadian Lady Corset Company, licensed the trademark for
the Canadian market in 1939. By the 1960s the Canadian Lady
brand had become known in Canada as “X, the company." In
1961 the company introduced the Model 1300 . This became
one of the best-selling Canadian styles and is virtually
identical to today's X.
4. ID X
• X is a Harvard alumna. Eric Schmidt, then CEO of
Google, said the following to convince her to join
them - “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket
ship, you don’t ask what seat. You just get on.”
• X joined Google and later left the company to join
a competitor. She went on to become one of the
youngest female billionaires in the world and is
6th on the Forbes list of the 100 most powerful
women in the world.
• Identify X.
COO of Facebook and author of ‘Lean In’
5. ID the author
Hint – Her husband might have been your boss!
6. ID X
• The name of the product of this Indian Organization
was selected by conducting a competition. The winner
was Dhirajben Ruparel and she won Rs. 5 as the prize
money for the same.
• Started in the year 1959 with a seed capital of Rs. 80, X
had an annual turnover of around Rs. 6.50 billion (over
100 million USD) in 2010, with Rs. 290 million in
exports. It provides employment to around 42,000
people. X is headquartered in Mumbai and has 67
branches and 35 divisions all over India.
Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad
name Lijjat (Gujarati for
"tasty") was chosen by ‘Shri
Mahila Griha Udyog’ for its
9. ID the dance form
• X is a popular folk dance of women in the Punjab
region of India and Pakistan. The dance is as energetic
as the Bhangra. X is usually performed in
harmony, swinging and twisting the body, shaking the
shoulders while bending knees and clapping.
• Normally, no musical instruments accompany X.
Mostly, women prefer clapping as the rhythm. All of
them clap their hands and sing small couplets called
Boliyaan. These Boliyaan cover themes from nature to
the excesses committed by the husband or mother-inlaw or other relatives, and love etc.
11. ID X
• X is an Indian financial services banking
company based in New Delhi, India. India's
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated
the system on 19 November 2013 on the
occasion of the 94th birth anniversary of
former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
• India is only the third country after Pakistan
and Tanzania to have such a unique bank.
12. ID the brand
• In India, widowed and divorced women have
historically been treated as outcasts. This ad
wonderfully rejected that repression, celebrating a
woman's second marriage to a man who treats her
and her daughter with love and respect.
Round 3 – Long Connect
• Direct Questions - +10/-0
• All questions link to a common theme
• The theme can be guessed after each question
with varying points, mentioned on each slide
1. ID X
Vyjayanthimala, Padmini and Waheedha Rehmaan to
become a major Hindi film star. Ironically, X’s career
almost ended before it began. She worked as a
background dancer in 2 Tamil films in 1963.
C.V.Shridhar, the director threw her out of a Tamil film
he was directing, saying she was too thin. X then made
her debut only in 1968 in Hindi.
• In an effort to re-establish herself as a classical dancer
(she is an expert Bharatnatyam dancer), X directed TV
serials such as "Noopur" and "Women of India" in
2. ID X
• X has been elected six times as a Member
of Parliament and three times as a Member of
the Legislative Assembly. At the age of 25, she
became the country's youngest Union Cabinet
Minister and has also served as Chief Minister
• In 1999, X famously fought the Lok Sabha
elections from Bellary, Karnataka.
3. Who is she?
• Daughter of Gemini Ganesan and Pushpavalli.
• Credits the regular nutritious diet and exercise as
the secret to her ageless face and figure.
• Has a large collection of tissue Kanjeevaram and
chiffon saris, most of which are of the color gold.
• She is very active on the Internet, especially on
sites about movies. She is also a staunch feminist.
• Bollywood Megastar
• Ranked #5 by rediff.com in its list of the "Top 10
Bollywood Actresses Ever". (March 2007).
4. ID X
• In April 1948 Jabalpur-based, Bengali-speaking Indira
and Tarun were blessed with a child they named X, and
enrolled in the St. Joseph's Convent School in Bhopal.
• Her acting career started when she was 15 in a Bengali
film Mahanagar. She became an actress in her own
right in Bollywood after the release of Guddi. She went
on to star in many Hindi language films, including
blockbusters like Jawani Diwani, Uphaar, Anamika, and
Abhimaan just to name a few. Her acting spanned from
1963 to 1981.
• She also wrote the script of Shahenshah.
5. ID X
• The X contains one or more hooks and
meanings that explicitly promote the product
being advertised, usually through the use of
one or more advertising slogans.
• If one entity has the best claim to the first X it
is General Mills, who aired the world’s first
singing commercial. The seminal radio
bite, entitled "Have You Tried Wheaties?", was
first sung over the air on Christmas Eve of