My view about Chatbots that starts from the following assumptions and continues with some practical examples.
- Users don’t want conversations. Users want pertinent and timely contents within the app that they use most.
- Chatbots have the reason to exist because users don’t like to download lot of apps and because mobile sites are slow or difficult to navigate.
- Chatbots are a communication channel with an interaction pattern in a sort of way similar to the natural language. They aren’t virtual sales agents.
- Chatbots have the difficult mission to bring together contents and services within messaging apps.
- The best chatbots performances aren’t based on conversations. Interacting with them requires new functions and a standardized command language.