Data is just like your senses: only interesting when attached to a brain.
- Data - as such - is meaningless. It’s an eye seeing something. A contextless observation.
- Therefore, KPI dashboards are just meaningless data on one screen.
- The value of Big Data lies in the patterns and relations it holds.
- The problem is: there is a huge amount of patterns to be discovered.
- As a consequence a lot of processes could be enriched with data.
- The key is not to start with the data, but to start from the process you wish to enrich.
- You will only find answer in data when you’re asking specific questions.