Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• ADIDAS IS A GERMAN SPORTS APPAREL MANUFACTURER.
• IT WAS REGISTERED AS ADIDAS ON 18TH AUGUST 1949
• THE COMPANY WAS NAMED
• THE COMPANY’S CLOTHING AND SHOE DESIGN TYPICALLY
INCLUDE THREE PARALLEL STRIPES OF THE SAME COLOUR
AND OF SAME MOTIF IS INCORPORATED INTO ADIDAS
ADIDAS IN INDIA
• 1989 – entered India, license agreement with Bata
• 1996 – joint venture with Magnum International Trading Co. Ltd.
• 1998 – Sachin Tendulkar is Brand Ambassador for India
• 1999 – introduced the cheapest range
of shoes they had ever sold
• 2001 – first televised
: Paes & Sachin
• 2004 – Advantage adidas campaign kicks in. 30% growth milestone
• 2005 – Andreas Gellner is new MD, India.
i. Brand recognition and reputation
ii. Diversity and variety in products
iii. Quality products
iv. Largest International portfolio of sport
v. Sponsors football teams with maximum fan
i. High price in
ii. Has not done well in Indian subcontinent market
i. Has a great opportunity to expand international market
ii. Innovation in
iii. Increasing demand on the sportswear
iv. Low price shoes to attract customers with low budget
i. The biggest rival, Nike,
has more market
share in India.
ii. Nike has similar advertising style and advertising budget
iii. The newly born several brands like CAT, GAP has increase their
advertising budget in recent years
LAUNCHING OF THE PRODUCT
• To launch our new products in the Indian Market, we need to
i) The mentality of the customers
ii) The basic expectation
in their minds.
iii) What makes them
After understanding all these, will make the strategies accordingly
which will appeal to the customer and will help us to sustain in
MISSION OF MARKETING PLAN
• Market penetration- for gaining market share across
all the markets in which adidas already competes.
• Market development- with the launch of new
collection we are expanding into the new markets and
addressing the new costumers.
• Awareness- increasing awareness and
visibility across all brands.
• Target market of adidas is the urban youth with brand proposition
• Principle consumption centers mainly
the metros are also potential
STUDY OF THE MARKET
• Object of purchase : Shoes (sports)
• Objective of purchase : fashion accessory,
comfort while playing
• Occasion of purchase : While playing
• Outlets of purchase : existing
outlets, near colleges and near sports center(stadium)
• Geographic segment –
Urban and semi urban cities
• Demographic segmentation-
Age – 18 to 35 years
Income level - > Rs20,000
Social class –upper middle,
Gender- male and female
• Premium – quality products high price
• Quality products-
with affordable price
• The price will range from
Rs 4000/- to 10,000/-
• Launch it the during the fashion week.
• Ad campaigns
• Promotion through channels like Mtv and channel [V].
• VJ’s promoting it in their show.
• Advertisements on TV.
• Print ads
• Existing outlets of adidas in India.
• Near colleges and
near sports center ( stadium )
• Also available in leading shopping
outlets such as pantaloons, lifestyle,
shoppers stop etc.
• Highways, PCOs, Railways, Hoardings, etc