• US Based company founded in 1928 by Paul V.
• Pioneer in cellular telephones
• Motorola Razr(Razor) series- Sold over 120
• In 1998, Motorola was overtaken by Nokia
• In 2005, 2nd position.
• Lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009
• New phone in Nov 2009-The Motorola Droid-
Google Android 2.0
Motorola Moto G
• Launched in November 2013.
• The top selling phone in Mexico
• Released in India on February 6,
2014 in an exclusive tie up with
Indian e-commerce company
• “The best budget smartphones of 2013 and 2014”-
by PC Advisor, Expert Reviews, Trusted Reviews
Product Life Cycle (PLC)
• The four phases through which a product goes over its lifespan.
• Introduction: (Feb. 2014): Flipkart.com, Digital Marketing,
• Growth (Feb. 2014): “20000 units of Moto G's 16 GB version sold
out within 15 minutes” – BusinessToday
• Maturity (March- June 2014) : “Motorola has seen highest sales
in its history from Moto G, says Magnus Ahlqvist, Motorola VP”.
--27 March 2014. DNA.
• Sold 1 million devices in just 5 months via Flipkart.
• Decline: (July- August 2014): Asus ZenPhone 5, Xaomi Mi3,
Moto G (2nd Gen)
• Moto G 2nd generation launched on
5th Sept. 2014
• Better features and specifications.
• Technical upgrade.
• “Moto G: Motorola's surprise hit,
honed at knifepoint” -Cnet
Present Stage and Future Expectations
• Introduction: Moto G 2nd generation launched on 5th
• Introduction to Growth phase as expected
•May not see a peak Maturity phase.
• Need some new innovation and features
• Can Enter Decline Phase early
Oct. 6, 2015
Sep. 9, 2015
this presentation gives the marketing analysis of Motorola moto g through product life cycle and BCG matrix