9308 Cherry Hill Road, Apt 319, College Park, MD 20740
Phone: 405-385-1709, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Objective: Seeking a summer internship within a progressive company, to enhance my technical and analytical skills.
Education: Master of Science in Information Management [Anticipated Dec 2009]
University of Maryland [GPA 4.0]
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication [May 2007]
Nagpur University, India [GPA 3.75]
Skills: Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, JAVA, UML, COBOL
Databases: Oracle 10g, MySQL, MS-Access, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, DB2
Software: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, XL Miner,
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/Vista
History: Graduate Assistant:
Department of Computer Science University of Maryland College Park [Sep’08- Present]
• Teaching assistant for Object Oriented Programming II, Use and implement application programming
• Development and testing of GUI for all the course projects.
Software Associate and Consultant [June 2007- July 2008]
CapGemini, Financial Services Sector Business Unit Pune India
• Worked on IBM DB2 for mainframes databases.
• Experienced in developing test plans and strategies and have conducted system integrated testing and User
Acceptance Testing of systems and systems fixes and enhancement.
• Developed and provided input to business process documentation, client delivery documentation, business
workflow and systems training.
• Documented and modified test plans, test scripts and test release reports.
• Worked on automated Testing tools like Quality Center etc
Projects: First Data Corporation USA
• Developed banking software for Mainframes using COBOL and Vision Plus.
• Conducted Unit test and Regression testing
Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank HSBC (Central and Eastern Europe).
• Worked as backup offshore Team lead for Banking Compliance spring 2008. This compliance worked on
enhancing software keeping up to date on the latest banking regulatory rules.
• Coordinated between Client site team and offshore team and provided training to new members in project
• Prepared the functional and the technical document for the project.
• Conducted System Integration and User Acceptance Testing
Retail Market Basket Analysis: (Graduate Project)
• Design of Dimensional Model for the Data Warehouse Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
• Preprocessing of data, Association rules generation through WEKA and WizWhy.
• Business Intelligence using Business Objects. Visualizations with Miner3d.
Online Paper Submission System for International Conference on Information Management (ICIM).
• Designed the Use Case Model, Class Diagram, Activity Diagram and Entity Relational Diagram.
• Worked on the database design in SQL Server 2005 and used ETL tool SSIS Designer to create a simple
ETL package that includes looping, configurations, error flow logic and logging.
• Prepared the prototype of the online forms which had to be posted on the website.
Facebook Application (Presently working Graduate Research Project)
• Research on Information Systems in health care.
• Interactive Facebook application that educates its users about the importance of HPV vaccination and
• Created a Quiz using Flash MX, connected it to database and designed the web interface using PHP and
Project Management Tools:
• Studied different Project management tools like Microsoft Project and Open Source Work Bench.
• Evaluated and analyzed the tools on the basis of CPM, PERT, Gantt Charts, resource and time scheduling
Honors and Activities:
• Member of We-Kare a Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative (CSR) at CapGemini
• Member of Focus Friday, a Knowledge Management Initiative.
• Received Graduate Scholarship in the form of tuition Remission from University of Maryland.
• Organized student orientation program ‘Dhristi’ for the department.
References available on Request