3. Physical Hyperlinks
• Physical hyperlink is a neologism that refers
to extending the Internet to objects and
locations in the real world.
• Physical hyperlinking does this by attaching
urls to tangible objects or locations.
8. How does it work?
• same basic idea as the qrcode project
except only now there is no code
• We take a photograph of something and
ﬁnd similar images using robot vision
• Like a barcode we get back context
9. Such as...
• Criticism and praise
• Author, description,
• History, Medium, era,
• Similar looking images
• Where to get more
• Your longitude,latitude
10. Locative uses
• bookmarking places
• knowing where your friends are or were
• knowing where you are
• a landscape like australian song lines
• Images used to be mute; how does this
alter our relationship, interpretation and
construction of images?
• Will images supplant words as a way of
talking to computers? To each other?
• For example see
13. Legal freight trains
• If most peoples reality is mediated by a
consensual interpretation - one not
favorable to brands - how will brand