ONE YEAR FROM NOW
HOW CAN WE PREPARE STUDENTS?
• WHAT DO TEACHERS NEED TO KNOW?
• HOW DO WE CHANGE PEDAGOGY TO ADJUST TO THESE CHANGES?
• HOW DO WE CHANGE WHAT GOES ON IN THE CLASSROOM?
• TEACHER CENTERED TEACHING– STUDENT CENTERED LEARNING
• ARE THERE SOME EASY STEPS?
21. CENTURY SKILLS:
• THE PRESENCE OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES IS RAPIDLY MOVING US INTO A PERIOD WHERE LEARNERS CAN
LEARN WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW ON THEIR OWN AGENDA RATHER THAN ON THE PREDETERMINED
AGENDA OF A CURRICULUM. WE WILL SOON BE ABLE TO GIVE UP THE ASSEMBLY LINE MODEL OF GRADE
AFTER GRADE, EXERCISE AFTER EXERCISE.
• SOURCE: WILL RICHARDSON
21. CENTURY SKILLS ARE:
• CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
• CRITICAL THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
• COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION
• TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
• LIFE AND CAREER SKILLS
• PRODUCTIVITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
• LEADERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY
SEVEN STEPS TO CONNECT
Sandvika High School students used Microsoft OneNote,
Skydrive, and Google Docs to
collaborate in writing and publishing a book on