• The course is Blackboard based.• To find it, go to “Courses” in the left top corner of the Blackboard site after you have logged in.
• Then choose “Faculteit der Geestes- wetenschappen”.
• Finally, look for “Academic English voor International Studies (5181VACEN-1213FGW)” and enroll.• Make sure you enroll using the chevron, the double arrow, instead of just clicking the link.• If you have not got a student number, make sure you get one or ask for a temporary guest account.
• The “Announcements” button gives you the latest information by your teachers. It is, therefore, very important that you regularly check this page.
• The “Course Outline” button gives you the map of the course and provides you with the PDF to download.
• The “Assignments” button provides you with a map of your tasks and self- study assignments. There is also the PDF to download.
• The “Course Documents” button gives you the hand- outs per session that you will need to bring to class if you are no longer in possession of the hand- out that was provided to you at the start of the course.
• The “Types of visuals” button gives you some examples of different types of presentation tools, rather than just PowerPoint.
• The course has a Twitter and a Facebook account that can be found under the “Twitter” button.
• The “Pronunciation and diction” button holds several instructional videos concerning pronunciation. They need to be studied independently from the teacher.
• Under the same button an online voice recorder can be found, to be used for semi- prepared and unprepared talks.• Also, a Voki can be produced here.
• The “Tool Box” button gives you a world of links to practical websites for several skills, as well as grammar and vocabulary.• It also contains links to most used online dictionaries and thesauruses.
• The “Staff Information” button gives you information on how to get in touch with your teacher.