In honor of NTEN's August 2014 theme of "Tools," we’ve invited several of our beloved Tech Club and Community of Practice organizers to give short presentations about their favorite community organizing tools. Tools and processes covered will include:
* Post-call communications to build community and extend discussions: Attendees will takeaway an easy post-call process that extends conversations, deepens impact, and broadens community.
* Microsoft Office workflow for mass mail: Learn a workflow for sending personalized mass emails that will not be filtered into promotions tabs or deleted as junk, but rather drive event sign-ups.
*Text expansion utilities to make your fingers fly: We spend much of our days typing the same thing over and over, but a text expander app can remove the drudgery from your life and make you appear to be the fastest typist ever!
* Screencasting with Jing: Learn how to record presentations using the free tool Jing to share images and short videos of your computer screen.
* Engagement with Twitter and Storify: Twitter chats present a great way to engage your supporters and volunteers in an accessible, consistent, and fun format. Storify lets you represent those conversations in a visual and dynamic format.
* Collaborate from afar with Google Docs: Learn how to use Google Docs to create, share, and collaborate on event planning documents and more.