Slides from my part 2 class of Designing for multiple devices run at General Assembly in London on the 18th of March 2013.
In Fundamentals for Designing for Multiple Devices, we covered the basics of responsive design and mobile apps (for both Android & iOS). We also looked at how user expectations have shifted behaviour, how consumption patterns have changed and what that has meant for designing products that will be used on multiple devices. This follow-on session will take outset in the guiding principles covered in the previous class and take a closer look at:
- common challenges faced when designing for multiple devices and how to address them
- content strategy and hierarchy across devices
- navigation patterns for responsive design
- app structures and navigation patterns
- how to test both responsive sites and apps