Step 1:Business Assessment
• Why do we need an ERP system?
• Explaining to the customer the basic
• Eg. Management Info., Strategy
Evaluation, Efficiency, Reliability, Cost
Saving & Control, Infrastructure, Growth
Step 2: Appoint a selection Team &
follow a structured selection process
• Who will make the decision?
• Appoint regular member which will help
from starting to completion.
• Give the leadership to the someone who has
knowledge of existing system & its
• A team consist:
4)Senior Executive’s from: Budgeting &
planning, Finance, IT,HR & from each
Step 3:Assess business requirements
& resource constraints.
• What do we need the system to achieve.
• The team examines our business processes
& prepare a list of needed requirements that
must be present within the ERP.
• Consider the functionality & also
adaptability & responsiveness of system to
avoid higher consultants cost.
Step 4:Determine Selection Criteria
• How we will keep selection score?
• Measure & How to grade the vendors.
Assessment, Requirement, Financial
Strength, his Future Product Development
Roadmap, Licensing Cost, or the extent to
which vendor shares similar corporate
Step 5:Find Compatible Vendors
• Who we will use?
• Find Right Vendor for the business.
• A vendor have thorough training approach,
dedicated to training, coaching &
monitoring our team.
Step 6:Communicate with Potential
• How do we begin the connection?
• Ask number of question , doubts that arises
in our mind like:
1)What application area do you cover?
2)How many clients do you have?
3)Do you have structured implementation
Step 7:Create the request for
• How do we narrow down the competition?
• Do some basic research to understand what
is available on the market, taking reviews,
Short listing two-three vendors & then focus
on the areas that are critical to business.
Step 8:Shortlist & Demo System
• Who are the finalist?
• After narrowing down the selection process
shortlisted vendors that understand & solve
the problems, give the demo of the system
• At this stage organization will ensure that
the selected vendors understand our
problems or not, whether its product is
able to solve their problem, whether it will
provide right service.
Step 9:Select our ERP system
• Which s/w will get the chance?
• Who will become the winner?
• Who will become service provider?
Step 10:Formalise our project plan
• After choosing-what is next step?
• After selection next task is to initiate clientvendor relationship & begin the
• Finalizing service contract, license &