MDA Vs Web Ratio for Non It


Published on

Model Driven Architecture and WebRatio MDE

  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

MDA Vs Web Ratio for Non It

  1. 1. MDA® and Webratio® in a Nutshell Model driven Architecture® and WebML Notation to develop data intensive Web Enabled Application
  2. 2. Briefly explain the development methodology MDA philosophy in a nutshell Share a concrete experience of using WebRatio specific MDE Presentation Goals: Welcome, My name is André Nicolay, I hold a BSc and a Master of Science in Information Technology and I am a member of the A ssociation for C omputer M achinery (ACM). I am the R&D and IT Manager of Catharsys Consulting Group.
  3. 3. Model Driven Archtecture© DEFINITION “ It provides an open, vendor-neutral approach to the challenge of business and technology change. The MDA separates business and application logic from underlying platform technology.” The Object Management Group (OMG) http:// / ) A Platform Independent Model ( PIM ) is transformed into a Platform Specific Model ( PSM ).
  4. 4. Web Application Rapid Prototyping Methodology we use with WebRatio © Environment Production of Software Verification & Validation Cycles Operation Design Publishing Design Navigation Design Information Design Software Development Requirement Analysis
  5. 5. Description of the information the application is going to deal with, in a structured organization. Clarifies the hypermedia application by reconsidering the information from the navigation path the user can follow . Emerging from the previous steps, with consideration on the desired presentation organization into pages . To invoke the functionalities of the application. Operations Design Information Design Publishing Design The Web Application Rapid Prototyping (WARP) proposes a methodology and a development environment for fast-prototyping of Web Applications. It supports the whole development cycle from the requirement analysis, design of the main information and systems features, till the detailed definition of theses schemas and the application production. PROTOTYPING Navigation Design
  6. 6. Model Driven Archtecture© ADVANTAGES <ul><li>Reduced costs throughout the application life-cycle </li></ul><ul><li>Reduced development time for new applications </li></ul><ul><li>Improved application quality </li></ul><ul><li>Increased return on technology investments </li></ul><ul><li>Rapid inclusion of emerging technology into existing systems </li></ul>Model-Driven It is Model-Drive n because it provides a means for using models to direct the course of understanding, design, construction, deployment, operation, maintenance and modification.
  7. 7. How does a Data Model Graphical Notation looks like? Let’s just take the example of Suppliers and Contacts This is comprehensible for a non IT person
  8. 8. How does a Hypertext Model Graphical Notation looks like? Loging Process This is readable for a non IT person
  9. 9. Validation: Are we building the right product ? Verification & Validation Cycles <ul><li>The V&V process, which can be a long and painful one, is a real added-value offered by the MDA approach. </li></ul><ul><li>Developers can focus more on “What to do” than on “How to do” </li></ul><ul><li>An Iterative prototyping can be easily done in order to clarify user requirements </li></ul><ul><li>A non-IT person can easily participate in the building process thanks to the readable Graphical Notation of the Modeling Language of WebRatio® </li></ul>Verification: are we building the product right ? Verification Validation Verification Validation
  10. 10. Success Potential Scoring Sheet – Standish Group 100% Example Text Smaller Project Millestones / 9% Competent Staff / 8% Ownership / 6% Clear Vision and Objectives / 3% Hardworking, Focussed Staff / 3% Example Text User Involment / 19% Executive Management Support / 16% Clear Satement of Requirement / 15% 229% 29% in the remaining topics 71% 71% of success relies in 5 mains topics Proper Planning / 11% Realistic Expectation / 10% Success Criterion vs Relative Importance The user is involved thanks to the WebML and the WRAP Methodology
  11. 11. Our Conclusion using WebRatio® MDE MDA Allows software developers to focus on “What to do” The complexity of the PSM is hidden and even not so relevant for the developer To see a concrete implementation od MDA/Webratio®, please visit : Application Evolution and Maintenance Level of Independency from the platforms Testing Effort Coding Effort Modeling Flexibility and Graphical Notation High Medium to Low Low High High
  12. 12. Do not hesitate to asks your questions or forward us your possible requests for analysis at Questions & Answers THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION