VOCABULARY ENGLISH CATALAN ENGLISH CATALAN Autonomous Comunitats Composed Composats communities Autònomes Statute of Autonomy Estatut d’autonomia Borders Fronteres Own Propi Law Llei Anthem Imne Shield Escut Issues Temes Citizens Ciutadans Elected Escollits Held Celebrar Deputies Diputats Political parties Partits polítics Budged Pressupost Spent Gastar Minister Ministre Minstry Ministery Apply Aplicar Manage Gestionar Provinces Províncies Courts Tribunal de Justícia Head of the State President Heir Hereu Drawing up Elaborar Chambers Cambres Chambers of Deputies Cambra de Diputats The Senate El Senat Directing Dirigir Judges Jutges Cortes Les Corts Espanyoles Side Costat
VOCABULARYShare Compartir Rules NormesField Camps/Àrees Currency MonedaAmong others Entre alters Several BastantsFight Lluita Consumers ConsumidorsPrevent Prevenir Improve MillorarTreaty Tractat Founded FundatJoined Unit Lyrics LLetra cançóOde to Joy Oda a l’Alegria Foreign policy Polítiques exteriorsCovered Tractats Layers Advocats
1. THE CATALAN INSTITUTIONSCatalonia has got fourty The regions are agrouped one regions in four provinces. The capital is Barcelona
1. THE CATALAN INSTITUTIONSa. The STATUTE OF AUTONOMY is the most important law. It defines: The NAME of the country, CATALUNYA. The borders of the land and its capital. The official languages. CATALAN and SPANISH. The symbols: FLAG, SHIELD, NATIONAL DAY, ANTHE
The borders of the land and its capital The borders: North: France South: Valencia East: Mediterranean Sea West: Arago
The symbolsThe Flag The shield The National dayThe Anthem
1. THE CATALAN INSTITUTIONSb. CATALONIA PARLIAMENT It’s the institution that represents the citizens of Catalonia. It’s composed of 135 deputies from different political parties.
1. THE CATALAN INSTITUTIONSFunctions:Prepare the lawsElect the president of the GovernmentApprove the annual budged
1. THE CATALAN INSTITUTIONSc. PRESIDENT OF GENERALITYThe members of the parliament elect the president.Functions Represent the citizens Choose the different ministers
1. THE CATALAN INSTITUTIONSMembers of the Catalan government1. President2. Vice President3. Ministers Economy, Education, Healthy, Interior, Public works, Culture, Agriculture, Justice, Company, Social WalfareFunctionsApply the lawsDecide how they manage the different areas such as Education, Economy Health,...
2. SPANISH TERRITORIAL ORGANIZATION a. SPANISH TERRITORY Spain is situated in the northern hemisphere. It’s in the south-west of Europe
2. SPANISH TERRITORIAL ORGANIZATIONThe territory is formed by the majority of the Iberian Peninsula.The Canary IslandsThe Balearic IslandsThe cities of Ceuta and Melilla
2. SPANISH TERRITORIAL ORGANIZATION Cantabric Oceanb. LIMITS OF SPAIN France AndorraAt the North: France, Andorra and the Cantabric OceanAt the East: Mediterranean SeaAt the South: Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean Mediterranean SeaAt the west: Portugal and Atlantic Ocean Atlantic Ocean Mediterranean Sea
2. SPANISH TERRITORIAL ORGANIZATIONc. HOW SPANISH TERRITORY IS ORGANIZEDThere are 17 community autonomousThere are 2 autonomous citiesEach autonomous community has its own Parliament and Government
3. SPANISH INSTITUTIONSSpanish constitutionHead of the StateThe General CortesThe GovernmentThe Court The Supreme Court The Constitutionl Court
3. SPANISH INSTITUTIONSa. SPANISH CONSTITUTION1. Spanish Constitution was approved in 1978.2. All laws approved in the Parliament should be in accordance with the Constitution3. The Constitution includes aspects like: 1. The rights and duties of Spanish citizens 2. The shape of the country. 3. Monarchy 4. The organization of the institutions.
3. SPANISH INSTITUTIONSb. HEAD OF THE STATEThe Head of the State is the King. In Spain there is a monarchy.The king accepts the decisions of the General Cortes.Functions: Represent Spain in other countries
3. SPANISH INSTITUTIONSc. THE GENERAL CORTESIt’s composed of two chambres:The Chamber of Deputies: writes Spanish lawsThe Senate: The Senate affirms if these laws can be approved.
3. SPANISH INSTITUTIONSd. THE GOVERNMENTThe government directs de StateIt decides the economic, social, political and international relationsThe President is elected by the deputiesThe ministers are chosen by the president.
3. SPANISH INSTITUTIONSe. THE COURTIt improve the lawsIt accuse those who don’t obey the laws.THE SUPREME COURTIt confirms and annuls the decisions of the lower courts.THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURTIt determines if Spanish laws agrees with the Constitution