TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
ANDY TAN MUN KUAN
THIVEN DARYL A/L LOGANATHAN
NG CHEE HO
• We are in the R&D (Research and Development) of
wheelchair. Our role is to predict the future of wheelchair
and to develop new ideas; which will help generate more
revenue and gain new market share.
2.1 Problem Statement
• What is the future of wheelchair? Develop new ideas for wheelchair.
2.2 Benefits or impacts if problem is solved
• We can generate more revenue and gain new market share.
2.3 PROCESS FLOW
2.4 S-CURVE ANALYSIS
2.4.1 Main Parameters of Value (MPVs)
• MPVs reflect what matters to customers, hence they are
the best compass by which to guide innovation efforts.
We must identify the MPVs for wheelchair.
2.4.2 Current MPVs of Wheelchair
2.4.4 INDICATORS FOR SECOND STAGE
• The Engineering System moves into mass
• The Engineering System adapted for use in
• The Engineering System become more widely
• Supersystem elements begin to adapt to the
Playground Swing. A gate for wheelchair user.
2.4.5 RECOMMENDATIONS FOR
Adapt the Engineering System to new application.
Diving Type Wheelchair.
2.5 TREND OF ENGINEERING SYSTEM
Engineering System do not develop randomly, in fact, they develop according to
objective Evolutionary Trends. Thus, we can predict the future of an Engineering
System based on the Trend of Engineering System Evolution (TESE). In our wheelchair
case, we choose 2 of them to predict the future of wheelchair, which are Trend of
Elimination of Human Involvement and Trend of Increasing Dynamicity.
2.5.1 TREND OF ELIMINATION OF
• Is a sub-trend for Trend of Increasing Completeness of
• As an Engineering System evolves, the number of Engineering
System functions performed by human decrease.
• Wheelchair needs to be propelled by the user or with
the aid of another person.
• Electric-motor is used to move the wheelchair. In future,
wheelchair should be fully controlled by human brainwave.Fully involved
2.5.2 TREND OF INCREASING DYNAMICITY
As an Engineering System evolves, it and its components become more “dynamic”.
The Trend of Increasing Dynamicity is illustrated in
In the past, wheelchair is solid and not foldable, at is considered in
monolith state. In present, the parts of wheelchair can be adjusted and
wheelchair is foldable for easy to store, it is considered combining multi-joint and
elastic state. In future, we predict that wheelchair can combine multi-joint, elastic
and gas state. That means the cushion of wheelchair is inflatable, which make
wheelchair more comfortable to sit on and also can be fold after being use.
Influence by Violent
To Gain Power
To Gain Money
CAUSE AND EFFECT ANALYSIS