“…contains a number of detailed,
• This means DETAIL – exact tasks, planned
“…that describe the use of resources
• This means you must clearly state, in detail, ALL the dates
and timings of your plans.
• It also means you must in detail list any resources you need
for a particular task, in order to complete it.
Ways of ensuring you have done a
detailed enough plan
1) Create a GANTT chart:
– The GANTT chart will show you have made a long
term plan, that shows how long you plan on
spending on the rest of the stages of the Design
– You should ensure you have a paragraph of text
with the GANTT chart explaining what it is
showing and why you have made it.
2) Create a step-by-step plan:
- This should describe the exact steps you
need to take to create the product.
- It should give precise detail.
- It should include any resources you need to
use for all the steps.
- It should include precise timings (dates and
times) for all the steps.
“…critically evaluates the plan and
justifies any modifications…”
• This means you must be critical of your plans
– find things that could be improved.
• Explain why you changed your plans from your
original designs if you did this.
• It should show you are reflecting on your
• As always, you get marks for criticism – don’t
praise the work saying ‘it doesn’t need
improvement’. We can always improve!