Tell the story of Chapter one and Bruce Springsteen. Also tell story of OVPR visiting VP research looking to invest. Who have we here and deliver same on presentation irrespective of Audience /Industry. You want to demonstrate this is someone/ orginisation we could work with! Nancy Dwarte . P Who is my audience as question: Start-ups / Researchers / Professional Services/ Industry/
Tell the story of Chapter one and Bruce Springsteen. Also tell story of OVPR visiting VP research looking to invest. Who have we here and deliver same on presentation irrespective of Audience /Industry. You want to demonstrate this is someone/ orginisation we could work with! Nancy Dwarte “Designing a presentation without the audience in mind is like writing a love letter to ‘whom it may concern’” Nancy Duarte Who is my audience as question: Start-ups / Researchers / Professional Services/ Industry/
Explain the basics by telling the story of Paul O ’ Connell and the Munster team or of Graham McDowell (G- Mac) Sports people always talk about getting the basics right. The same applies to presenting the basics are – open: get attention, close: tell the audience how they are better. Between Open and Close use one of 5-6 tried and trusted formats. This evening I will give you the format for Pitch talk. Regularly I meet people so say I will just wing it in the belief that It will be alright on the night nothing could be further from the truth. E.g. Billy Connelly or Dara O ’ Brien know exactly what they are doing and where they are going they skill /art is in making it look like it is ad-libbed
Why are these companies in ireland Ford EMC2 Twitter /DWS IDA Play the Irish card, find the connection build the relationship
Who her would regard them selves as a good conversationalist? Let’s have a go,
When we use the language of our industry/jargon we feel we are one of the gang. When presenting to external sources we need to have people feeling included not excluded, if you are going to be successful at pitching include people avoid jargon and language of your industry Tell the story of Italian holiday
Overcome the Number One Barrier to Communication
Who is your audience?
“Designing a presentation without the audience in mind is like writing a love letter to ‘ whom it may concern’ “ Nancy Duarte
` Overcome the No. 1 Barrier to Communication 24th October 2012
80%Of SuccessRelies on "SoftSkills"Many recent studies have shown that “Technical Skills” (our natural skillsand learned skills through training and experience) only represent at best20% of the input into our performance.The remaining 80% which affects our performance comes from our"Personal Skills”.
“A weak message from a goodspeaker will have more impact thana strong message from a poorspeaker, regardless of how muchwe like to think the opposite mightbe true.” Deiric McCann from his book ‘LeadershipCharisma’
` The Aristo Philosophy Stop Delivering! Sales Pitches (no one wants to be sold to) Sermons (churches empty) Speeches (no audience) Pitches/Presentations (uninteresting)
` The Aristo Philosophy Start Having a Conversation Aristo promotes the art of extended conversation Have a conversation be it with 1 , 5, 50 or 500 people.
` The Basics 1. Open (Connect in 20 words or 7 sec.) 2. Body (Concentration ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF- ON OFF ON OFF-ON-OFF) 3. Close (If they remember your take home message you are a success)
Template“ Despite the fact that Father Ted was basically an Irish ‘Only Fools and Horses‘ with a soft, surreal twist (the three male characters in both are almost identical” www.aristo.ie - Graham Linehan
“It is the ability to sell – therefore, tocommunicate to another human being, be itcustomer, employee, boss, spouse or child thatis the basic skill of personal success.” - Robert T. Kiyosaki Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad
` Tip Scales in your Favour To connect successfully, use these 3 steps: Are Do Get
“A gossip talks about others, a bore talks about himself, a salesman talks about his product, and a brilliant conversationalist talks about you.” - Andrew Keogh
` Relationship Building Factual Value Based Causativ e
` The Basics: Preparation Are Do Get Situation Appraisal Objectives Measure of Success Value to Organisation
“If a potential customer has made time to meet you, this means they have a problem to solve or a project in mind and they expect that you are not simply coming to tell them what you do, but that you have put some real thought into how you are going to help them solve their problem” - Deirdre McPartlin Enterprise Ireland Düsseldorf
` Pitch Structure Pitch Structure Who is your Audience? Connect: (get attention) What problem do you solve? How do you this? (KISS) How many have you sold? Competition (we are like) Finances (your ambition) Who are you? (team) How are they better? (always finish with how people will be better) Call for Action