Cloud Computing Andrew Bourget E-Commerce Spring 2012
• The term Cloud Computing means different things to different folks, describe in your own word what you think Cloud Computing is.• There are some great cloud sites on the Internet, try to find one that is unusual and describe its model.
• When, why and by whom was the term Cloud Computing coined?• do you think “mobile computing” enhances or diminishes the need for cloud computing? Why or why not?• Who are the current “Titans” in the cloud arena? What kinds of services do they provide? Give examples of some “unique” cloud services offerings.
• Distinguish the difference between a public cloud and private cloud. Create a graphic image in Powerpoint that illustrates how both work. Do not use a graphic from the web, use the tools available in Powerpoint create your own model. You may work from a model found on the web, but make it your own.
• Discuss who is best suited for cloud- computing services, and explain why.• Identify what considerations must be looked at before going down the “cloudy road”?• Research the topic and create a chart that lists the pro’s and con’s.
• Decide what’s next in terms “the cloud”. We know that there are three stages in any technology evolution or revolution; innovation, consolidation, and re-invention. Where do you think we are with “cloud computing” and why?• How do you think the issue of Net Neutrality will impact cloud computing moving forward?
• Is there one business model better suited for cloud computing than another? Explain your answer.• Who owns the data stored in the cloud? Describe what that means.
• Will Cloud Computing, Tweeting, and blogging change ecommerce? If so why, if not why not?
• What is difference between Cloud Computing and Virtualization? Give examples of each
• Describe the feature sets of Apples new iCloud. How does it work?