D I S C I P L I N E D I N N O VAT I O N
AUTOMATED PERFORMANCE TESTING
FOR DESKTOP APPLICATIONS
THE SCARY QUESTION OF APPLICATION
How does it perform in real life conditions?
Never as first expected!
• consumming as little resources as possible without loosing
• the app should not break / slow the system down
What impact does the app have on the system running it?
(is the system still reliable)
How does the app perform when running on the host system?
(does it keep all functionality)
HOW TO PREDICT THE FUTURE?
Run it multiple times, and average out.
A slingle run doesn’t acurately predict real life usage.
HOW TO GET A CREDIBLE RESULT
Avoid inconsistencies induced by the outside world
=> no Internet connection, own webserver & assets
WHAT’S OUR APPLICATION ABOUT
A custom web browser
RUNNING THE TEST
One test sequence:
• clear cache
• open the browser
• start reading system data
• load webpage
• close the browser
• save result in an Excel spreadsheet
• restore the “clean” snapshot of the test environment
• automatically run the test sequence for 1000 times on the
• automatically run the the test sequence for 1000 times on
the custom browser
It can be automated with an initial effor, but the
returned value is huge.
Offers very concludent results on what needs to be
improved in the application to boost performance.
Performance testing is very important as it can
reveal performance flaws.
Is very time & effor consuming to do manually.