This set of slides gives a short introduction into the world of Python, with a special focus on Python for S60 (PyS60). For smaller projects and prototypes, Python is often the better choice compared to native development in C++, as it's a higher level language that leads to results in a faster and more direct way. Assuming that you already have development experience in Java or C++, these slides jointly introduce basic concepts of Python (variable scope, lists, tuples, classes, ...) as well as their applicance in PyS60.
* The Python programming language
* Modules, variables, lists, tuples, dictionaries, loops
* Basic UI elements: notes, query dialogs, lists
* Functions, arguments, variable scope
* Classes, exception handling
* Application structure, event based development
* String manipulation