In the first module of the Java ME course, you will get a quick overview of the concepts behind Java ME. This includes information on the architecture of Java ME applications and how they differ from Java SE. In order to give you an impression on what is involved in developing for mobile phones using Java ME, the slides also contain basic information on distributing your applications. After this generic introduction, the concept of commands is introduced. In the challenge you will develop, debug and deploy your very first "Hello World" MIDlet.
* Java Platform, Micro Edition
* Profiles, Configurations — MIDP, CLDC, CDC
* MIDlet Suites, Manifest, .jad and .jar
* Signing, Obfuscation, Over-the-Air distribution
* IDEs, Emulators
* JTWI, MSA, MIDP 3.0, JavaFX