The WordPress community is built and maintained by volunteers, using the same methods — and many of the same tools — that are used to make WordPress itself. In this session, you’ll get a look at the WordPress community’s “source code” and learn how to contribute to the growth of your local community — or create a community if you don’t already have one.
1. Decisions should beneﬁt the community
(not speciﬁc businesses or individuals).
2. Membership is open to anyone.
3. All work by volunteers (speakers or
organizers are not paid).
4. Any trusted member of the group can
organize an event for the group.
5. The community works together to make
a welcoming environment, and
discriminatory behavior is not accepted.
Fill out the
Pre-planning: venue search,
recruit team, speaker
outreach, draft budget
organize the kind of meetup
event you’d like to attendstart a
spread the word
volunteer on the