These are the introductory slides to a Q&A presentation with Mark Otto, co-creator of Bootstrap and Jonathan Smiley, co-creator of Foundation.
A framework is utilized to maximize efficiency and rapidly design a web site or an app. Inside of a framework you will find reusable code snippets, a grid, and responsive pattern libraries which include predefined sets of navigational patterns, typefaces, buttons, tabs, and more.
On March 5, 2014 at Eventbrite HQ, we are bringing together the creators of two of the most popular frameworks on the web – Bootstrap and Foundation.
Mark Otto, co-creator of Bootstrap (formerly known as Twitter Bootstrap) and Jonathan Smiley, co-creator of Zurb's Foundation, will cover:
• How a pattern library influences and improves a site's overall user experience
• The importance of establishing reusable code snippets which maximize efficiency in product development
• How to define and setup design patterns within an interface
• The pros and cons of implementing Bootstrap or Foundation as a framework.
• Using a pre-existing framework vs. designing your own from scratch.