William D. Horton, Psy.D
The President of NFNLP
6 BASIC PRINCIPLES OF NLP :
1.YOU are the most important part of the system.
2.THE PRESUPPOSITIONS are the guiding principles
3.RAPPORT is the essence of communication.
4.OUTCOME - where you are, where do you want
to be and how are you going to get there
5.SENSORY ACUITY : Feedback tune into your
senses to become more effective
6.FLEXIBILITY the desire to learn and make changes
1. State the outcome in positive terms.
2. Ensure the outcome is within your control.
3. Be as specific as possible.
4. Have a sensory- based evidence procedure.
5. Consider the context.
6. Have access to resources.
7. Ensure the outcome preserves existing
8. Check the outcome is ecological.
9. Define the first step.
• Business & Management
• Marketing & Selling
• Human Resources Management
• Organization Development
• Therapy & Counseling
• Sport & Performance
• Teaching & Education
• Family & Relationship