About Open source Graphics
Open source Graphics means :
Using O.S software to design:
2D Software :
- Vector : inkscape
- Raster : Gimp
3D Software : Blender
Animation Software: Ktoon , Synfig , Pencil
Other software : photos Viewers , vedio editing ..etc :
Gthumb , F-spot
Why Open source Graphics
●It’s an end to predatory vendor lock-in.
Why not ?
stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program
• It is a freely distributed piece of software for such
– photo retouching
– image composition
– image authoring.
• It works on many operating systems, in many
• Official site http://www.gimp.org/
Inkscape works in the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
• Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features
• Inkscape is available in packages for Linux, Windows
Mac OS X.
• Official site http://www.inkscape.org/
Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for
all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License.
Blender can :
model • shade • animate • render • composite • interactive 3d
• Official site http://www.blender.org/
• “Open Designs” means sharing your design with other
people so you can take advantage of their experiences.
– Share your design in the right place.
– Share your design with the right people.
_ Share Your resources of design.
– Make sure to pick the suitable license when sharing your
- Make names of layers understand to others !
- Don't merge layers.