The design and implementation of multiple power supplied fertilizer sprayer has been
presented. The proposed system is the modified model of the two stroke petrol engine
powered sprayer which minimizes the difficulties of the existing power sprayer such as
operating cost, changing of fuel etc. The two stroke petrol engine has been replaced by a
direct current motor and operated by the electrical energy stored in the battery attached to the
unit. The battery can be charged by solar panel during the presence of sun. It could also be
operated on direct current during rainy and cloudy weather conditions. This system can be
used for spraying pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers and paints.
The proposed system has been tested and compared with theoretical values of current and
charging time. From the results it is found that the time taken to charge the full battery
of capacity 12V, 7Ah has required 16.67 hours. The fully charged battery could be used to
spray 575 liters pesticides. Which is approximately covers 5-6 acres of land. It is also found
that, if we charge the battery for a day, then it covers approximately 200 liters of pesticides
which in turn covers 2 to 2.5 acres of land. The developed systems initial cost is little more
as compared to conventional sprayer but the running cost of the system is all most zero in
other words minimum.
Energy - demand” is one of the major threads for our country. Finding solutions, to meet the “Energy - demand” is the great challenge for Social Scientist, Engineers,
Entrepreneurs and Industrialist of our Country. According to them, Applications of
Non-conventional energy is the only alternate solution for conventional energy
demand. Now-a-days the Concept and Technology employing this Non-conventional
energy becomes very popular for all kinds of development activities. One of the major
area, which finds number applications are in Agriculture Sectors.
INSTITUTE OF TECHNALOGY
A SEMINAR ON
SOLAR POWERED SPRAYER
• Working procedure.
• Advantages and limitations.
• During the period 2000 to 2014 farmers
survey by NSS 70% are small farmer in
India. Energy demand is one of the major
threads for our country.
• Finding solutions, to meet the “Energy
demand is great challenge for Scientist,
• According to them, Applications of Non
conventional energy is the only alternate
solution for conventional energy demand.
• Now-a-days employing this Non-
conventional energy becomes very popular
for all kinds of development activities.
• One of the major area, which finds number
applications are in Agriculture Sectors.
• Solar energy plays an important role in
• This Technology can be extended for
spraying chemicals on the plants using
• Himel Melton in 1969 he founded that
use of Pesticide application refers to the
practical way in terms of effective dose
transfer to a crop.
• In the form of a seed treatment, or
coating, to protect plant from insects.
• additionally, these coatings can provide
supplemental chemicals and nutrients
designed to encourage growth of the
TYPES OF SPRAYER
1. HAND OPERATED SPRAYER 2. FUEL OPERATED SPRAYER
•All chemicals products harmful to humans
• they are kept out of reach of wildlife, pets
• Body of the sprayer is made of aluminum
frame and aluminum bars to keep the
weight of the machine low.
• In this frame on top end a solar
photovoltaic panel is fixed that converts
solar power into electricity.
• This electricity is then provided to battery
via a charging circuit. .
• Electric power from this battery is given to
an electric motor.
• To the shaft of this electric motor a blower
fan is connected. This blower blows high
speed air into the blower pipe and reservoir
is connected to the blower pipe.
• The flow of mixed (water and chemical)
liquid is controlled by value.
• It is a renewable energy source.
• No air pollution & noise.
• work 3 hours after fully charged.
• Do not required fuel hence cost reduce
• Easy in construction & economical
• Solar energy is totally free, widely
• initial cost for solar system is high.
• Weather Dependent.
• it required energy storing device.
• Mainly used in Agriculture Sectors for
spraying chemicals on the plant.
• It is also used automotive industry for
• Aim of this project is to fulfill the tasks
spraying chemicals on the plants using non-
conventional energy sources.
• As we know 70% of population of our country
lives in villages & their main occupation is
• solar operated spray will help the farmers
of those remote areas of country where fuel is
not available easily.
• They can perform their regular work as well
as saves fuel.
• First Author- Dr. Basavaraj (E&C)
PDA College of Engineering, Gulbarga,
• Second Author- Sharanakumar
Mathapati (E&C) PDA College of
Engineering, Gulbarga, India.