Be the first to like this
Consequent to the decision of the United Nations on 11 December, 2014 and with the support of 177 nations, International Day of Yoga was celebrated on 21 June, 2015 and 2016.
As per guidelines issued by UGC and Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, the International Day of Yoga 2017 was celebrated at Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University accredited with 'A' Grade by NAAC), Pondicherry in a grand manner from 19-23 June 2017.
Celebration of IDY 2017 at SBV included:
1. Monday, 19.6.2017: Yoga awareness programme at MGMCRI, KGNC and IGIDS.
2. Tuesday, 20.6.2017: Mass awareness Yoga programme at Seliamedu HSS and RHTC and at MGMCRI urban centre in collaboration with Community Medicine Dept.
3. Wednesday, 21.6.2017: International Day of Yoga celebrations with mass demonstration on beach and different events by Tourism, Health and Education departments with participation by CYTER team.
4. Thursday, 22.6.2017: Regional Yoga competitions for students of HPE institutions in Pondicherry region in association with Pondicherry Yogasana Association.
5. Friday, 23.6.2017: National Seminar-cum-Workshop on “Role of Yoga in prevention, management and rehabilitation of chronic diseases” with lectures, lecture-demonstrations, workshops and panel discussion by eminent experts. Dr KK Aggarwal, the National President of IMA from New Delhi was Chief Guest and delivered the Keynote address.