Social Media Marketing and
Today’s webinar covers
• Social media strategy fundamentals: from
research to implementation and
measurement. Campaigns online: recipes for
success or disaster, investment and costs.
A method or plan chosen to bring about a desired
future, such as achievement of a goal or solution
to a problem.
What do you want to achieve?
How are you going to achieve it?
Chaffey, D. Our guide to creating a SWOT analysis to define digital strategy using the TOWS
technique. Available from: http://www.smartinsights.com/marketplace-analysis/swot-
Bufferapp. Social media audit template. Available from:
Social media audit
In the next 3 minutes, pick 2-3 of the
platforms mentioned earlier and search for the
name of your home university.
Write down in 3 lines what you find out.
Note your extended findings in your class
• Target audience for the post
• Person responsible
• Type and format of material needed
• Action/ measurement desired
• Create an editorial calendar to aggregate your ideas
• Google Trends
• Platforms featured most popular content
• Google Alerts for keywords fof interest
• News / Current affairs
• Pocket (aggregate & save or later)
• IFTTT (recipes)
• How to write goals, objectives and determine tactics:
• Defining target audiences:
• User generated content:
• On social media measurement and ROI:
• A social media strategy (whether marketing,
communication or other) needs to be integrated within
the wider business strategy
• Do not choose the platform/channels before you have
completed the other steps
• Research (including benchmarking), monitoring and
measurement are essential to the success of a strategy