• Before starting to film our music video, we
wanted to research into possible locations and
• After researching similar artists to Erick Baker,
I found that out door spaces was typical of the
alternative/ folk genre.
• The introduction to the video starts with a
scene over a town, before the music begins.
This image is accompanied by atmospheric
• I think Whitciffe common would be a good
location to use. It is local, free and offers a
good view over town. The location can easily
be revisited to get the right light etc.
• Queenswood suits the woodland location we
were after. There are lots of woodland footpaths
which would suit the narrative side of the video.
There is a wide range of locations to use
throughout the woodland, giving us more choice.
The colours during the autumn season will also
give our video colour & vibrancy.
• Filming at Queenswood would have to be a day
trip as it is about a 40 minute drive from Ludlow.
We would have to plan for good weather and for
everyone to be available on the same day.
Ideas for per formative part of video
• Ludlow Assembly Rooms- The group had an idea
to use Ludlow assembly rooms, which has a small
stage and auditorium which would contrast the
outdoor scenes of the narrative part.
• Low lighting on the stage would create a ‘low key
atmosphere’ which would suit our alternative
genre. The location is local, easy to use and again
free! Permission would be needed to film here, I
aim to ask whether it would be possible to use
this space over the next week.
Hazards and precautions
Tripping on tree roots
Wires & leads in assembly rooms
Heavy/ delicate Stage equipment
Members of the public
Uneven ground (especially in woodland