Hutch deal: I-T Dept asks Vodafone to
pay Rs 11,218 cr as tax
• Indian tax authorities on Friday asked
Vodafone to pay Rs 11,218 crore ($2.53
billion) tax on its 2007 purchase of Hutchison
Whampoa Ltd's mobile business in the
• The tax demand is to be paid within 30 days of
the receipt of the notice of demand.
• Vodafone argues that only the 15% is subject
Jaguar Land Rover launches armoured
vehicles priced at Rs 4.75 crore
• Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover launched
the armoured range of its Range Rover and
Discovery sports utility vehicles, with indicative
prices of Rs 4.75 crore and Rs 3.75 crore
• The company is also looking at launching the
armoured version of Jaguar XJ sedan, which could
be priced around Rs 5.5 crore.
• Currently working on assembling some products
from Land Rover in India in order to meet
demands in India.
Indian billionaires now shop for
• After jets, yachts and luxury holiday homes,
Indian billionaires are now picking up another
acquisition to flaunt - sun-soaked, palm-fringed
islands in the Caribbean and the South Pacific.
• Though no one is disclosing names yet, five deals
are understood to have been struck from India in
Micromax launches world's lightest
• Micromax launched a touch screen smartphone ,
modu T, in partnership with Israel-based modu
Limited to tap the "aspirational" segment of the
• The 3.5G modu T was awarded the Guinness
World Record for being the lightest touch phone
in the world.
• Priced at Rs.12,000, the 2.2-inch touch screen
phone will be available in the market with pre-
bundled 2GB memory card