Chetan S. Mistry
Tel: (R) 91-261-2793587
(O) 91-2615542506, 07
Date of Birth : 5th April,1979
Nationality : Indian
Residence Add: 7/Guru govind nagar society,
Behind Navyug College,
New Rander Road
ME (Turbo machines) S.V.National Institute of Tech., Surat-2003
BE (Mechanical) S.V.Regional College of Engg. & Tech., Surat-2000
Alternative fuels & Internal Combustion Engine
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Elements of Gas turbine
Lecturer In Mechanical Engineering Dept. at C.K.Pithawalla College of Engg. &
Tech.,Surat. 2001- Continue
Trainee Engineer Condor Footwear India Ltd. Surat. 2000-2001
July 2005-onwards I/C Training & Placement Officer at parent Institute.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Inclusion of Biography in First edition of The Marquis “WHO’S WHO IN ASIA”
Publication 2006 -07.
Member of Organizing Committee for “Testing & Instrumentation sessions” at
SAE World Congress.
Member of Reviewer Committee for SAE INTERNATIONAL.
Reviewer for “ASME 2004 International Mechanical Engg. Congress”.
Member of SAE
Member of JSAE (Japan)
Life member of ISTE
Guest Lecture on “Design of Radial inflow gas turbine” at S.V.National
Institute of Tech., Surat on 23rd June, 2003 to M.E. (Turbo Machines) students.
ORGANISING WINTER/SUMMER SCHOOL/WORKSHOPS:
Member of Organizing Committee on “Staff Induction Training Program” at REC-
Member of Organizing Committee for State Level Paper Presentation
Competition “PRARAMBH-2005” Sponsored by GUJCOST at parent Institute
1. Measurement Techniques NIT,Surat 23rd -25th June,2005
2. 3-D Modeling for CAD NIT,Surat 6th-7th February,2006
SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAM ATTENED :
No. Particulars Organizer Duration
1. Staff Induction Training
E D Cell, REC-Surat. 17th July -04th Aug. 2000
2. Design, Selection &
GCET in Association L & T
Operation of heat 12th October 2002
3. Present & Future Annamalai University,
31th May- 11thJuly,2004
Automotive fuels Tamilnadu
4. Advanced Computational
I.I.T., Kanpur 14th Dec to18thDec,2004
5. Computational Fluid
26th July to 30th
Dynamics & Heat NIT,Hamirpur
1. Experimental investigation on Multicylinder engine using LPG as a fuel.
2. Experimental Investigation on Effects of friction and wear in reciprocating
3. Comparative assessment on multi-cylinder engine using CNG, LPG and Petrol
as a fuel. (Completed)
4. To study the effect of variable compression ratio on single cylinder engine
using LPG. (Completed)
5. Performance assessment of single cylinder variable compression ratio engine
using 10% Ethanol.
6. Design of nozzle less radial inflow gas turbine for small capacity gas turbine
1. Chetan S. Mistry, Anish H Gandhi, “Experimental Investigation On Multi-
cylinder Engine Using Petrol And LPG As A Fuel”, SAE 2004 World Congress &
Exhibition ,Detroit,USA, 8-11 March,2004 ,SAE Paper no 2004-01-1653
2. Chetan S. Mistry,Dr. S.A.Channiwala “ Design of nozzle-less radial inflow gas
turbine for small capacity(20kW) gas turbine engine”, 2004 ASME International
Mechanical engineering Congress,USA,13-19 November 2004,Paper no
3. Chetan S. Mistry “ Comparative assessment on performance of multi-cylinder
engine using CNG/LPG and petrol as a fuel”, SAE 2005 World Congress &
Exhibition, Detroit, USA, 11-15 April 2005 , SAE Paper no 2005-01-1056 (
SELECTED FOR PUBLICATION IN SAE TRANSACTIONS)
4. Chetan S. Mistry, Piyush P.Gohil D M Sharma, “Performance Assessment Of
Multi-Cylinder Engine Using CNG” 2005 ASME International Mechanical
engineering Congress, USA, 5-11 November 2005. Paper no IMECE2005-
5. Chetan S. Mistry,Dr. S.A.Channiwala “Preliminary Design Concepts for High
Solidity Nozzle-less Radial Inflow Gas Turbine for Small Capacity Gas Turbine
Engine”, ASME Turbo Expo 2006,Barcelona, Spain ,May 8-11, 2006 , Paper no
1. Chetan S. Mistry “ Comparative assessment on performance of multi-cylinder
engine using CNG,LPG and petrol as a fuel”,SAE2005 Transactions Journal of
Passenger Cars-Electronic & Electrical systems, March 2006
1. C K. Desai, Chetan S. Mistry, “Stress and deflection analysis of horizontal
pressure vessel with different dished end using FEM”, National conference on
AIME 2004, Yavatmal, Maharashtra.
2. Chetan S. Mistry, C.K.Desai, Piyush P.Gohil, “Experimental Investigation on
Effects of friction and wear in reciprocatig systems”, National conference on
Recent Trends in Mechanical Engg 2004. ,Kopar Gaon,Maharastra.
3. Chetan S. Mistry, C.K.Desai, Piyush P.Gohil, “Design concept of ball piston
rotary engine”, National conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engg
4. Chetan S. Mistry, Anish H,Gandhi , “ Design of Sterling Cryocooler for
development of liquid nitrogen”, National conference on Recent Trends in
Mechanical Engg 2004,Kopar Gaon, Maharastra.
5. Chetan S. Mistry, Piyush P.Gohil, “ Design and development of line focusing
through parabolic collector”, National Conference, Karnataka
6. C.S.Mistry, A H.Gandhi, “Performance Test On S.I. Engine Using LPG”,
National Conference on Energy and Fuel Issues of Future –2004,Pune.
7. Piyush P.Gohil, Seema Sharama, Chetan S. Mistry, “X by Wire Technology in
aviation and automobile Industry”, National Conference on Precession
Manufacturing, Longwal, Punjab