LEAN PRODUCTION SYSTEM
SUBMITTED BY :-
MBA 1ST SEM
2. Characteristics of lean production system
3. Principles of lean production system
4. Basic elements of lean production system
6. Benefits of lean production system
7. Limitation of lean production system
WHAT IS LEAN ?
WHAT IS PRODUCTION ?
CHARACTERISTICS OF LEAN
Principles of lean production system
There are five principles of lean production system:-
1. precisely specify value by specific product.
2. Identify the value stream for each product.
3. Make the value flow without interruptions.
4. Let the customer pull value from the producer.
5. Pursue perfection.
BASIC ELEMENT OF LEAN
1. Elimination of waste
2. Equipment reliability
3. Process capability
Lean techniques are applicable not only in manufacturing, but also in service-
oriented industry and service environment. Every system contains waste.
The techniques for analyzing systems, identifying and reducing waste and
focusing on the customer are applicable in any system, and in any industry.
Lean thinking may also be applied for getting rid of bureaucracy in your
BENEFITS OF LEAN
Establishment and mastering of a lean production system would allow you to
achieve the following benefits:
1. Waste reduction.
2. Production cost reduction.
3. Manufacturing cycle times decreased.
4. Better relations with suppliers.
5. Better use of human resources.
6. Higher quality.
7. Higher profits.
LIMITATION OF LEAN
High Cost of Implementation
Lack of Acceptance by Employees
Customer Dissatisfaction Problems
Lean production is radical new way to think how to
organize human activities and how to deliver more
benefits to the society and organization. It is all about
reducing waste. And make balance between innovation
and complexity. It is a process of receipt of customers
order and delivery of the finished product in less time
with best quality.