Be the first to like this
The overall objective of the community radio station is – giving voices to the unheard voices, providing information, knowledge and democratizing communication for Mahadalit community. Community radio, although taking on diverse forms depending on its surroundings, remains a type of radio made to serve people; radio that encourages expression and participation and that values local culture. Its will reach out to the remotest areas far from large urban centers, where the population is too small to attract commercial or large-scale State radio.
The main objectives of the project include:
• To identify the intervention area for setting up the community radio station.
• Coordination with all the stake holders for the compliances and necessary permissions.
• Technical assistance for setting of community radio station
• Content development of the broad casting issues.
• Community Mobilisation and Trainings for the hand holding supports in order to change the "passive culture" amongst the people and generating awareness on local issues, giving them voice and breaking silence to play an active role in future leadership.
• To engage the young people from the Mahadalit community in a youth radio partnership as the owners of the station and programs.