7. Title: colour possibilities Purple – Vibrant, attractive, summer, flowers Grey – Technology, new, exciting, modern. Blue – Laid back, relaxed, attractive. Red – Bright, vibrant, exciting, ferocious. For my title the colour I have chosen is purple because it is attractive and works well with my picture. I feel if I use a bold font it will look effective, attract attention and engage the target audience.
9. Lily Allen She is a well know and popular singer with her own style. She is an inspiration to many young girls and also music fans. Her music is unique. I feel this would work well with my magazine as it is different to all others and offers something new to readers. In other interviews/articles Lily Allen has been portrayed in a positive way as somebody interesting and easy to talk to. I feel my target audience of teenagers and young adults would enjoy to read about Lily Allen.
12. Ideas for photo locations The location of a forest gives connotations of natural, real and pure music. I think the shade of the forest can represent a paticular genre, for example a darker colour scheme including greys suggest a metal/rock genre. Bright, vibrant autumn colours such as red suggest lively genres such as indie or rap.
19. I will use the same font used on the front cover with the magazine name in the top right hand corner. When looking at other music magazines content pages I have noticed the majority do this. I feel it will reinforce the magazine name, make the reader familiar with it and work well with the dark colour scheme I use. The logo will appear throughout the magazine, on the content page I feel it is important to use it in a fairly large size so that it is obvious.
25. The article Interview A large image taking up one page of the spread Boxes with information ‘Olivia Shakespeare’ in a large, bold font A witty pun The artists tour dates A fan site for readers to look at White, light blue and dark blue colour scheme Black and gold colour scheme Main quotes highlighted
26. Ideas for poses The celebrity I chose to copy poses from is Pixie Lott. The singer is an inspiration and admired by many, I thought she would be a good choice as she is extremely photogenic. I feel her photos look professional and portray her in a positive way. When taking pictures I will use a variety of camera angles and distances to vary the pictures. In one picture I will show my character either playing an instrument or using another prop. For this I will use a medium shot as it clearly shows the characters relationships to their surroundings.
28. Example from NME I like this double page spread as half the page is an image and the other half is copy. I think the way the title goes across both pages is effective as it brings them both together and clearly shows they are connected. I will do this on my double spread. I feel the image, title and fonts used are all associated with each other well. When creating my double page spread I will consider this and ensure the colour scheme, font type and photograph all compliment each other.
32. Main quotes “Me and my cousin used to dress up and sing into my mum’s hairbrush for hours. ” “ Mum as I’m really close with her” “I love clubbing in London, it’s awesome. ” “ .. I like beer and playstation and football..” “ I can play the piano, guitar, saxophone and violin” I will use colours and text boxes to highlight the important quotes in my article. I will use a colour that works well with the colour scheme, for example, light blue with a white font.