The Use of Honeynet to Detect Exploited
● One of the most active threats we face today on the Internet
● Hackers are constantly developing more sophisticated
means of profiting from online criminal activity. It’s become
very hard to track these hackers.
● All your personal files,password of online accounts and other
stuff which you don’t want others to have access to.
● Then….How to save your password?
● So to answer this question a
group of people came forward with a
network setup called “Honeynet”.
What Is Honeynet?
● A Honeynet is a network that is intended to be compromised,
its purpose is to get attacked, so that an attacker’s activities
and methods can be studied and this information can be
used to increase the network security.
● A Honeynet is placed behind a reverse firewall.
● The reverse firewall limits the amount of malicious traffic that
can leave the Honeynet.
● There are two critical principles concerning the successful
operation of a Honeynet. These two principles are the
Advantages and Disadvantages
● Data Value
● Narrow Field of View
● Risks are part of Honeynet research and we have to manage
● Honeynets are used to be better prepared to information
● Honeynets can early detect new threats and issues.
● Honeynets are a source of in-depth information that classical
information security system can't easily provide.