The United States of
Canada: True or False
1. Canada is the second largest country in the world.
2. Toronto is the capital of Canada.
3. Queen Elizabeth II is the Canadian Head of State.
4. Canada has three official languages: English, French & Native
5. Montreal is the world’s second largest French speaking city
6. The population of Spain is greater than Canada.
7. Canada spans across 6 time zones.
8. Winnie the Pooh was inspired by a Canadian black bear cub from
9. Canada holds the record for the most gold medals ever won at
10. Jim Carrey, Shania Twain, James Cameron, Cobie Smulders (aka.
Robin Sherbatsky) and Alex Trebek are all Canadians
USA: True or False
1. The largest densely populated state is New Jersey.
2. Spanish is the official second language of the U.S.
3. The area of Texas is bigger than Germany
4. English is the official language of the U.S
5. You can face a fine or imprisonment, if you kill a bald eagle
6. The state of Delaware is named after a governor named Sir
Thomas West (Lord de la Warr).
7. New York has the largest population of Jewish people
outside of Israel.
8. The only Royal Palace in the states is in Hawaii.
9. The tallest mountain in the world is located in The U.S.
10. The 4th of July wasn’t actually a holiday until 1941.
• The U.S: American Football & Baseball
Canada has Provinces and Territories
10 provinces & 3 Territories
The United States has…well, states
Canadian/British English American English
Colour, Neighbour, Honour,
Color, Honor, Flavor, Neighbor
-re vs. -er
Centre, theatre Center, theater
The double ‘l’
Travelled, levelled Traveled, leveled
-ise vs. -ize
Realise, organise, recongnise Realize, organize, recognize
Futile, fertile, fragile
The letter Z: zed vs. zee
American kids say they go to… Canadian kids say go to…
College College OR University
High School Years:
Freshman Grade 9
Sophomore Grade 10
Junior Grade 11
Senior Grade 12
Canada = Universal USA = Private
“The basics" covered by this plan include
100% of all doctor's fees, ambulance
fares, tests, and everything that happens
in a hospital .
Depends on the situation. If your
employer provides insurance, then you
receive it has part of your salary. If not,
you have to pay for it yourself, which
Extras/prescription drugs are a Premium.
Covered by most employees. If not, can
be purchased for a small monthly fee.
Many people cannot afford health
insurance in the U.S., so they simply do
not have any insurance at all. This is bad!
“Obamacare” will start in January 2014,
so this system is about to change and it
will resemble the Canadian model
Can you name the States that border
Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado
Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho
Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana Maine Michigan
Minnesota Mississippi Missouri
Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire
New Jersey New York North Carolina
North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma
Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South
Dakota Texas Tennessee Utah
Vermont Virginia Washington