Innovations Site Based Budget Process
FISCAL YEAR 2013-14 PROCESS TIMELINE
1) Budget Forecast database purification
2) Budget Unit Managers' training
3) Budget Unit Managers request requisitions for each GENERAL OPERATIONS Program "Improvement" budget
4) Budget Unit Managers prepare original Budget Requests
5) Site Based program allotment budgets are reviewed based on projected FTE enrollment and QBE program earnings
5) Public budget input meeting
6) Administrator and Budget committee review budget requests as submitted and prioritize all initiatives requested
7) The Budget committee and Finance staff works in conjunction with the Superintendent and Administrator to develop
the school's Approved Budget to be submitted for public review and Board of Education review/adoption.
8) The Budget committee and Finance staff prepares the Program line item budget notebooks and the Public Budget
9) Board of Education adopts tentative budget.
10) Board of Education seeks public input regarding the tentative budget.
11) Public budget hearing meetings:
12) Board of Education adopts the final budget for FY 2014
13) Board of Education adopts the tentative property tax millage rate for FY 2014
14) First Public Millage Hearing
15) Second Public Millage Hearing
16) Third Public Millage Hearing
17) DCBOE adopts the final property tax millage rate for the fiscal year
• This budget represents an investment plan for our school’s students, employees,
and the community as a whole.
• The budget recommendations are tied directly to the strategic vision and direction
of the Dekalb County Schools Board of Education.
• The proposed budget for the general operations of the school are reflected at $2.6
• This investment plan for FY2014 accommodates a student population that is
projected to be 243 students.
• The Governor’s most current state budget recommendations at the time of budget
development were used as the basis for the proposed budget.
Strategic Vision and Direction
• We aspire to be and educational institution that prepares future leaders by enabling
students to acquire the 21st Century skills knowledge and skills to be successful as they
continue their education at the postsecondary level and/or enter the workforce.
• Our mission is to pursue excellence in academic knowledge, skills, and behavior for
each student, resulting in measured improvement against local, national, and world-
• Our strategic goals are to:
• Optimize student achievement through responsible stewardship of our financial
resources and the proactive pursuit of all resources necessary to meet current and
• Recruit, employ, develop, and retain a team that achieves the mission and goals of the
• Meet the continuing and changing demand for essential information through
technological systems and processes that support effective performance and desired
QBE Earnings 21%
Fundraising and Grants 6%
Rental and leases 3%
Interest Income 9%
State Funding 13%
Total Purchased Professional
Total Purchased Property
Total Materials and Supplies
Total Property 2%
Other Objects 1%
This conservative and structurally balanced budget
plan is the basis for the educational and organizational
strategies designed to improve academic performance
and to fulfill our moral obligation to provide our children
with the opportunity to reach their full potential.