Elasticsearch in 1 slide
• More than 11 million downloads
• 650,000 New Downloads per Month
• 1000s of Mission Critical Implementations
• Top Investors: Benchmark Capital, Index
• Seasoned Executive Team
– Founded by Creator of Elasticsearch
– Seasoned Executives from SpringSource
Big Data in Todayʼs Business and Technology
Environment : some significant figures
• 2.7 Zetabytes of data exist in the digital universe today. (=1 billion Terabytes)
• 235 Terabytes of data has been collected by the U.S. Library of Congress in
• Facebook stores, accesses, and analyzes 30+ Petabytes of user generated
• Akamai analyzes 75 million events per day to better target advertisements.
• Walmart handles more than 1 million customer transactions every hour,
which is imported into databases estimated to contain more than 2.5 petabytes
• The largest AT&T database boasts titles including the largest volume of data in
one unique database (312 terabytes) and the second largest number of rows in
a unique database (1.9 trillion), which comprises AT&Tʼ’s extensive calling
• Hadoop :
– 94% of Hadoop users perform analytics on large volumes of data not
– 88% analyze data in greater detail;
– while 82% can now retain more of their data.
The Rapid Growth of Unstructured Data
• YouTube users upload 48 hours of new video every minute of the
• 500+ new websites are created every minute of the day.
• Brands and organizations on Facebook receive 34,722 Likes every
minute of the day.
• 100 terabytes of data uploaded daily to Facebook.
• According to Twitterʼ’s own research in early 2012, it sees roughly
175 million tweets every day, and has more than 465 million
• 30 Billion pieces of content shared on Facebook every month.
Data production will be 44 times greater in 2020 than it was in 2009.
Big Data & Real Business Issues
• 25+ % of decision‐makers surveyed predict that data volumes in their
companies will rise by more than 60% by the end of 2014, with the
average of all respondents anticipating a growth of no less than 42 %.
• 40% projected growth in global data generated per year vs. 5% growth in
global IT spending.
• According to estimates, the volume of business data worldwide, across all
companies, doubles every 1.2 years.
– Poor data can cost businesses 20%–35% of their operating revenue.
– Bad data or poor data quality costs US businesses $600 billion annually.
• 75+ % of decision-makers surveyed anticipate significant impacts in the
domain of storage systems as a result of the “Big Data” phenomenon.
• We anticipate a new challenge : to be able to Search and Analyse all
those datas … in real time !
A solution already in production
with significant french
Revolutionizing Data Search and
Richard Maurer– SEMEA Territory Manager
Purpose of Elasticsearch
• Organize data and make it easily accessible
– Through powerful search and analytics
– Easily consumable (even for non-data scientists)
– Elegantly handles extremely large data volumes
– Delivers results in real time
• Technology stack agnostic
• Used across all market verticals
Features of Elasticsearch
• Structured & unstructured search
• Advanced analytics capabilities
• Unmatched performance
• Real-time results
• Highly scalable
• User friendly installation and maintenance
Elasticsearch 1.4: a solution
• Real time data Indexation
• High Availability
• Schema Free
• Real Time Data Analytics
• Multi Tenancy
• Much more….
Elasticsearch has more than11 Million downloads
… and 650,000 more each month
French Use Cases
Uses Elasticsearch in their Big Data Platform. Cut their web resolution time by 10X
Indexing their 20 million Videos on Elasticsearch. On production for over 2 years
They have recently announced ES has being live on their “Usine Logicielle”
Search Engine made on Elasticsearch, to access 24 Million Images, move over to ES
With over 1.2 billion docs, looking at better solution and cost reduction
Support Throughout Your Project
1. Core Elasticsearch Training (2 days)
2. ELK Workshop (1 day)
3. Development and Production Support
4. Marvel, Monitoring of your ES clusters
• Il est temps de révolutionner la façon dont vous valorisez
vos données : offrez Elasticsearch à vos applicatifs !
• La stack ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) est déjà
massivement utilisée en production !
• Faites vous accompagner pour bénéficier des bonnes
pratiques et du support à tous les stades de votre projet :
conception, développement, production