CASE STUDY OF TEXAS IN U.S AND HARYANA IN INDIA
TEXAS IN U.S
• Texas is second largest and populous
state in U.S.
• Texas leads the nation in livestock
production , production of sheep and
goat products .
• Texas would be the 14th largest
economy in the world by GDP. ( gross
• texas is the best state in u.s…. since it
is hammered by droughts throughout
centuries it highly matters.
HARYANA IN INDIA
• Haryana is also one of the most
economically developed regions in
South Asia and its.
• Haryana is India's largest
manufacturer of passenger cars,
two-wheelers, and tractors.
• Since 2000, the state has emerged
as the largest recipient
of investment per capita in India
• Haryana is also one of the wealthier
states of India and had the second
highest per capita income in the
• Historyof Texasbegins with the arrival of the first
Spanish conquistadors (conquerors) in the region now known
as Texas in 1519, who found the region populated by numerous Native
• During the period from 1519 to 1848, all or parts of Texas were
claimed by six countries: France, Spain, Mexico, the Republic of Texas,
the United States of America—as well as the Confederate States of
America in 1861–65.
GENESIS OF TEXAS
FRENCH TEXAS 1684–1689
SPANISH TEXAS 1690–1821
MEXICAN TEXAS 1821–1836
REPUBLIC OF TEXAS 1836–1845
CIVIL WAR ERA 1861–1865
U.S STATE OF TEXAS
DROUGHT IN TEXAS & TIMELINE OF DROUGHT
• The main culprit of the intense 2011 dryness was a weather pattern
where the surface temperatures are cooler in the Pacific. This in turn
• A drought occurs when a region stays abnormally dry for a long
enough period to cause an imbalance in the water cycle
• 2011 was the driest year ever for Texas, with an average of only 14.8
inches of rain.
• The high summer temperatures increased evaporation, further
PRE & POST SCENARIO OF DROUGHT (2011)
• Texas: $5.2 billion in agricultural losses throughJuly
• Livestock $2.1 billion, Crop losses $3.1 billion
• $13.1 billion in agricultural losses since 1998
• The Texas Water Plan is the state’s response to drought.
• As of June, 2014, 70 percent of Texas is stillindrought conditions, while 21 percent is in the worst two stages of drought, either
extreme or exceptional drought.
• EVEN TEXAS IS FORCED TO DRINK TREATED WASTE WATER. The cost of trucking in water to Groesbeck (population
6000) would cost over $60,000/day.
• Looking at the history, it’s clear that drought and extreme weather are nothing
new to Texas
•The first droughts are recorded in 1870
SEVERITY OF DROUGHT IN TEXAS
A warning sign along the shore of the dried O.C. Fisher Lake
this summer in San Angelo, Texas.
GENESIS OF HARYANA
• On 1 November 1966, Haryana was
carved out on the basis of that the
parts of Punjab which were to be
Haryana's "Hindi-speaking areas.
• With just 1.37 per cent of the total
geographical area and less than two
per cent of India’s population,
Haryana has carved out a special niche
of distinction for itself
PRE AND POST SCENARIO OF
PRE SCENARIO POST SCENARIO
• IN 1970,HARYANA ESTABLISHED CHAUDHARY
CHARAN SINGH HARYANA AGRICULTURAL
• agricultural and manufacturing industry has
experienced sustained growth since the 1970S
• The year after 1989 witnessed a very
favorable monsoon for agricultural
production in the Country.
• HARYANA AGRICULTURAL
UNIVERSITY ,WHICH IS THE BIGGEST
UNIVERSITY IN ASIA
THERE WAS PLANTATION OF TREES
AFTER DROUGHT IN HARYANA
Haryana is also one of the most economically
developed regions in South Asia and its.
DROUGHT IN HARYANA AND TIMELINE &
DROUGHT IN HARYANA
• About 50% of the state has a moisture deficit.
• Out of 12 districts in the state, 4 are drought-prone.
• The main problems with agricultural drought in
this region are erratic rainfall; poor soil fertility; and
limited, poor-quality irrigation water.