1. What is Mesopotamia?
2. Mesopotamia is situation between the __________________________ and
3. The earliest writings were found in which city?
4. One of the most famous Mesopotamian writings is the Epic of
5. Who were the first settlers of Mesopotamia?
6. Which type of leader was common in Mesopotamia?
7. Mesopotamians used a type of writing known as ____________________________.
8. Which king is famous for his code of laws?
9. Which other group entered Mesopotamia and conquered the inhabitants?
10. Kings were referred to as __________________________, the Sumerian word for “big
11. Which type of irrigation was common in Mesopotamia?
12. A ziggurat is a type of
13. Which described Mesopotamian religion?
a. Monotheistic, believing in one god
b. Atheistic, believing in no gods
c. Polytheistic, believing in many gods
14. Mesopotamians believed in laws of the universe, called ______________________.
15. Compare and contrast the lives of men and women in ancient Mesopotamia.
16. Why was Ur a wealthy city?
a. It provided most of the grain for the area
b. It provided goods from many artisans
c. It provided soldiers to many other cities
17. How did Mesopotamian artists depict humans?
a. Involved in action, such as running or jumping
b. In different colors that represented their station
c. In profile and with large eyes
18. How did Mesopotamians sign documents?
a. Using a cylinder seal
b. Using wax and a stamp
c. Using cuneiform writing
19. Hammurabi ruled from which city?
20. Mesopotamia is the first area known to have developed which?
a. Bricks and mortar
b. The wheel
c. Using fire to cook food