SOCIAL MEDIA DASHBOARDS 7 FEB 2013 ALLISON KWONG KELVIN KWANMRK 634 – DRIVING DIGITAL MEDIA FOR BUSINESS
A SOCIAL MEDIA DASHBOARD…• Helps leverage large amount of data generated by social media sites• Manage multiple social medias in one place• Posts same message to multiple profiles• Schedule to be posted in future• Share and create reports• Solve the problem of social media information overload
RSS FEED• RSS Feed: widget and application that displays updating content from diff websites• RSS Reader: copy and paste these RSS feeds
HOW CAN SOCIAL MEDIADASHBOARDS (SMD) HELP A BUSINESS?• The role and value of marketing within companies are slowly shifting…• Reaching customers right time at the right place• Listen and respond consumer response instantly• Can be used as a marketing tool to engage conversation with consumers (potential as well)• Can used to look for competitor‟s activities
BENEFICIAL MORE FOR B2B OR B2C?• SMD‟s are more beneficial for Business to Consumer: • Engage with new and existing customers across multiple platforms • Help analyze and track social media and email campaigns • Measure the success of every piece of content • Monitor and respond to what‟s being said about the brand
BENEFICIAL FOR FOR-PROFIT AND NOT- FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS?• Benefits for for-profit organizations: • Conduct free social media advertising and reach thousands of social media users quickly and efficiently. • Consumers can spread word of mouth experiences with any product/service including photos/videos posted on their personal social media pages.• Benefits for not for profit organizations: • Use dashboards inform social media users about their company, up and coming campaigns, ways in which the public can help the cause, etc.
BENEFICIAL FOR FOR-PROFIT AND NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS? CONT’D• Benefits for both for-profit & not for profit organizations: • Track the number of visitors and click through to their sites • Engage with new and existing customers • Monitor and respond to the organizations brand mentions on social media pages
1. TWEETDECK - FEATURES• Manage multiple accounts and synchronize your configuration when you use TweetDeck from different computers.• Create columns to display specific content that interests you. You can create a column that shows all your mentions, the results of a search query, a list of favorites, the latest Tweets from a hashtag or Trend.• Add global filters to filter out specific Twitter accounts, services, or hashtags• Use a scheduling feature to post an tweets or direct messages for any specific time and date in the future.
2. HOOTSUITE - CUSTOM ANALYTICS• Facebook Insights • Monitor & measure: fans, likes, comments, page activity • Sort fans based on: demographic, region, language, post source • Historical comparisons to be used for trend observations
2. HOOTSUITE - CUSTOM ANALYTICS• Google Analytics • Trace revenue & web conversations to social outreach • Track specific data including traffic source and region • View sparklines for page views and bounce rates.
2. HOOTSUITE - CUSTOM ANALYTICS • Ow.ly Click Stats • Choose individual or group click statistics to create a shortened Ow.ly URL. • Track data including traffic date and region, referers, and popular links.
2. HOOTSUITE - CUSTOM ANALYTICS• Google + Page Analytics • Measure results: daily growth, number of users added to circles, +1 shares, and posts per day.
2. HOOTSUITE - CUSTOM ANALYTICS• Organization Analytics • Create reports based on an Organization‟s metrics: posts assigned, sent, resolved. • Track statistics for individual and group activity.
2. HOOTSUITE - CUSTOM ANALYTICS• Analytics Reports • Create and share reports with other Hootsuite users • Choose between Quick Analytics and Custom Analytics • 40+ individual analytics modules to choose from • Templated reports are available
3. MEDIA FUNNEL - FEATURES• Multiple users and user roles• Multiple social media channels• Twitter & Facebook brand monitoring• NetBase integration - monitors web for mentions of your brand/keywords you specify• Time release, scheduling and assignment for tweets and posts• Email alerts
3. MEDIA FUNNEL - FEATURES• Per account cotag activation • Personalize tweets/posts with another user‟s initials• URL shortener integration and track their click throughs • bit.ly, goo.gl, bud.url, su.pr• White label option • Use brand name in applications like Twitter, so tweets display as via „your brand‟• Multiple languages • Available in 5: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German.
4. BOTTLENOSE - FEATURES• View any stream as a real time newspaper• Embed Bottlenose on your website with widgets• Learn more about people • Click on any Twitter username, or just type one in, and Bottlenose analyzes them in real time. • (Learn about their interests and expertise, their favorite topics, the people they mention, etc)
4. BOTTLENOSE - FEATURES • Insights with sonar: • Sonar visualizes live trending topics, people, conversation and types of messages, and how they relate.• Next generation social analysis • Spot trends & discover patterns
4. BOTTLENOSE - FEATURES• Marketers, advertisers, publishers, brands and agencies use Bottlenose today for: • Live social listening, social analytics, discovery and insights • Smarter community management and engagement • Social SEO, social advertising and live keyword discovery • Live social media campaign monitoring • Early-warning and opportunity detection
6. ARGYLE SOCIAL - FEATURES• Publishing • Post to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn • Post Photos, Links, and Status Updates • Schedule Posts for the Future • Content calendar• Engagement • Social Workflow • Post Assignment • Inbox Rules & Email Notifications • Integrated analytics • Archival search
10. EXACT TARGET - FEATURES• Email• Mobile• Social platforms• Web• Marketing automation • B2B & B2C• Data and analytics• Fuel platform
10. EXACT TARGET - SERVICES• Campaign services • Professional to carry out interactive marketing campaigns• Global support • Standard – technical support specialist • Premium – advanced level technical support specialist • Platinum – personalized technical support expert specialist
12. SOCIALFLOW• Scientific approach to understanding real-time value of content on the social graph• SocialFlow AttentionScore™• Cadence Optimized Publisher™ • Constant flow of real-time data • Determine the value of content on Social Graph
13. SPRINKLR – NEWEST FEATURES• Click counting• New Audience Profiling – prioritize conversations• Sorting and Categorizing Messages• Helps content “live long and prosper”
14. CROWDFACTORY• 3 Primary Components:1. Complete suite of social marketing apps such as: • CrowdShare Widgets, Social Sweepstakes and Contests, Polls, Voting, Group Offers and Flash Deals2. Powerful analytics and dashboards to easily test, measure, refine and repeat marketing programs3. Accumulate Social Database in the background as Influencers and Social Networks interact with company
14. CROWDFACTORYA Word of Mouth Marketing Platform
14. CROWDFACTORY - SERVICES• Tech Support • 24 hour help through online customer community• Training and Setup • 3 tiers of implementation to choose from to help closely understand objectives• Customer Success • Assigned experienced Customer Success Representative to help you succeed
GETTING STARTED WITH SMD’S1. Sendible 6. The Next Web2. Dashboard TNW Junkie 7. Sysomos3. Netvibes 8. Threadsy4. Jungle Torch 9. MyWeboo5. Trackur 10.Brizzly
1. SENDIBLE• Manage all social media from single platform• Identify what time receives the most response• Use that time to send the new blog post on another day• SMS and E-mail• 3 design templates or design your own• “Social Media Management Software for Businesses”• http://www.youtube.com/sendible
2. DASHBOARD JUNKIE• Collection of basic facts and figures about website visitors• Different Types of Dashboards1. Basic Visitor Facts2. Sales Cockpit3. SEO Dashboard for E-tailers4. Adwords Performance5. Adwords – Brand vs. Non-Brand6. AdSense Overview7. Personal Blog8. Social Media Dashboard
2. DASHBOARD JUNKIE• How can it help you? • Where people are talking about and sharing your site • Where your social traffic comes from and how much it‟s worth • Loyalty of your social visitors • How many social shares your pages get on-site
3. NETVIBES• Monitoring and analytics• Tracking topics• RSS and Twitter feeds• Applications and Widgets• Easy to use mobile offline application
3. NETVIBES• Premium Features • For Professionals, Brands and Enterprises
4. JUNGLE TORCH• SEO and Social Media Reporting• An executive view of SEO• Real time status of users keywords and phrases• Top positions of all key words• Inbound and outbound links• Analytics, tweets, blogs and news• Executive Overview• Keyword Links• Add and complete competitors• Reports
9. MYWEBOO• Founder of high school Student Diane Keng• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCLNlI9_0mA
10. BRIZZLY• Google Chrome Web Browser Application• Show‟s full URL‟s, photos and videos right in line • No need to click to second links• Add and Removable Groupings• Muting updates• Direct Messages