● Business is internationally global
● Technology tools allow teams to communicate
easier and have global access in market
● Allow equal contribution and collaboration in an
● Accessible in different platforms (ex.laptop,
smartphones, tablet, etc)
● Only concern: Internet access
•Most commonly known in the workforce for great
1. Accessibility: Employees can access documents any time, any place with an internet
connection using this free tool. Google Docs is accessible by computer, Smartphone,
2. Collaboration: Team members have the capability to share and collaborate on all
their information. Everyone shares one copy and every edit is tracked, saved, and
shared to all members.
3. Adaptable: This tool allows team members to import and export different types of
files for work processing, spreadsheets, presentations, drawing, and forms.
1. Formatting : Employees have found formatting differences when uploading files to
Google Docs. It is preferable to create a file within Google Docs itself.
2. Images : This application only allows images within a document, so if the task asks
for many images this tool is not recommended. It does not allow a separate folder
3. Limited: Google Docs offer five applications, but each are limited and don’t offer the
same full capability as used separately from Google Docs.
1. Easy to upload: Everyone can simply drag and drop files directly from desktop
to browser. Members can upload one to thousand pics at one time.
2. Easy to share: Employees can share their documents, data, pictures from
workplace, home, tablets, and smartphones.
3. User-Friendly: the interface is easy to use for everyone and can be customized
for different groups of people such as students, employees, and family.
1. Pay for membership: People have to pay for $25 to 99 monthly fee if they want
to use this collaboration tool.
2. Limitation on users: the tool is only for 5~20 users.
3. Difficulty on smartphones: Smartphone users encounter crush, bugs while
utilizing this tool application.
1. Put your stuff in Dropbox and get to it from your computers, phones, or tablets. Edit
docs, automatically add photos, and play videos from anywhere.
2. Share photos with others and work with your team as though you're using a single
computer. Access to content is controllable.
3. Content is secure and can be restored. Files are secured with 256-bit AES encryption
and two-step verification
2. Space limitations
3. No technical assistance for program
1. Free to download
2. Ability to make conference calls and text chats
3. Video chat (more than one person can talk at a time)
4. Calls are free or the same price regardless of your location
throughout the globe
1. Must need internet access or smartphone to use
2. Quality of video chat is not so great
3. Can only make Skype to Skype calls, calling either landlines or
mobile phones will cost you
1. Free for two weeks.
2. Increases ability to communicate face to face, anywhere and anytime.
3. Bigmarker is an application so there is no need to download anything.
4. Mulitpoint conferencing makes it possible to chat with up to 100 people at once.
5. Excellent tool for teachers and group projects.
1. Need internet connection to access.
2. Not very printer friendly.
3. After the initial two weeks there is a fee.
We decide to use Google Docs for our group project due to
the following reasons:
1. Familiar with it: All of our group members have a Google
account so we do not need to learn how to use it again.
2. Free to use: We do not need to pay any cost on this
3. User-friendly: We can edit, revise, and create the project
together without meeting in person.