Be the first to like this
• Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 companybased in San Antonio, and is North America’s largestindependent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valerosupplies fuel and products that improve people’s liveswith 15 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretchingfrom California to Canada to the Caribbean.
• Valero’s efforts in alternative energy range fromproduction of corn ethanol to wind energy toinvestments in emerging bio‐fuels development.
• Valero’s company‐owned retail Corner Stores offercustomers fast, friendly service in a safe and clean environment
Bill Greehey RefineryOverview
• Valero commissioned the grass‐roots Corpus Christi refinery in 1983, nowreferred to as the Bill Greehey Refinery West Plant
• In 2001 Valero acquired a 115,000 BPD refinery, now referred to asthe Bill Greehey Refinery East Plant
• East and West plant facilities have a total feedstock throughput capacityof about 315,000 BPD
• Refinery has three independent steam systems and two fuel gas systems– East and West fuel gas systems receive gas from a third party supplier inaddition to internally produced gasses
• Hydrogen is purchased from two outside suppliers as well as producedinternally
– East, West and Valero Three Rivers Refinery hydrogen systems connect viathird party supplier networks as well as Valero owned East/West tie line
• The refinery purchases power as well as produces power from internallyproduced waste energy