A day in the life of a US Air
By Matt Biel
• I picked to be an air force pilot as a job
because I what to help out my country.
• Most of all, I get to be around what I love.
• I am (ISTJ) Introvert, Sensor, Thinker,
• If I say something, I mean it. I am quiet,
hardworking and great at remembering
• You need to know how to fly and be ok with it.
• Need to know how to read very well and learn.
• To be ok with being very high up.
• Need to be a team player and or a team leader.
• Be able to remember what you must do
and get it right.
• Have to think before you do.
• To get the job done the first time and the
• you need to be in shape.
• Have to know how to swim
• Need a Bachelor’s degree(4 years.)
• Air force can put you into a college or
• You can apply to a air force academy BUT
only about 1,400 people are accepted
• In high school take ROTC it will get you
• Need to be good in language arts.
• Get A’s and B’s in school.
• Benefits • 35,000 to 40,000 as
• Healthcare second lieutenant
• Leadership skills
• Pay check
• I plan to stay in North Carolina because there are 2 air
bases and I would be close to my family.
• But, they can put me where they want.
• Pope air base Seymour Jonson air base
Utilities (heat, water, Gross Income=4,702$
Cable/Phone=150$ Net Income=3,526.50$
• Need a Bachelor’s degree(4 years).
• Need to be in shape.
• You have to want to be a pilot, there is a
lot of hard work.
• Must be 18 or older to join.
• Air force training starts from 0600 (6am)
to 1800 (6pm).
• Have no history of hay fever, asthma and
allergies after age 12.
• Must know how to swim.