Corruption a majorCorruption a major
problem ofproblem of
Mohammad Ali Mian
Understanding corruption is the first step in
fighting corruption .
What is Corruption?
• Corruption is the abuse entrusted power for
private gain. It hurts everyone who depends
on the Integrity of people in a position of
Responsible of corruption
• The people who indulge in
corruption are obviously
politicians first of all,
• then bureaucracy
• And then the private sector
when it comes into contact
with the state.
According to Transparency
International (TI) :Pakistan is the
34th most corrupt country in the
Reason's of high rate of
• lack of accountability
• low income
• weak institutions
• wide discretionary powers
• institutional efficiency
• political instability.
• lack of awareness
lack of accountability
• There is a lack
due to which
and those in
power are sure
that they can’t
• Political turbulence have
dominated Pakistan over the
last 50 years.
• Between 1990 and 1999, four
elected governments held
power under the same two
• Each administration was either
dismissed or overturned, often
as a result of corruption
charges and allegations of
• Pakistan has become a feudalist country, its dominating feudalist class had always been a big hurdle in letting institutions act against the corruption and bring the accountability of everyone and enhance the law and order
in the country. Institutes are under the influence of such group of few people, who do not want to remove corruption from our society.
• The authority of the ruling class mainly
feudalists, land lords, Jagirdars and
Waderas should be reduced or eliminated.
• Our religious figures should give us the
guidance and the way which is required.
• Various National Anti-Corruption Strategy,
are developed, offers a comprehensive
plan for tackling corruption.
• the National Accountability Bureau (NAB),
is endowed with
comprehensive powers to investigate and