Lay the framework for a robust Enterprise Mobile Strategy.
Overcome the challenges of Enterprise Mobility and seize the opportunities in
transforming your organization.
Take a holistic view of the Enterprise wide Mobility needs.
• IT Executives
• IT Architects
• SAP, Oracle EBS, People soft, JDE customers
• Business: Sales, Service, Customer support, Supply Chain, Procurement,
Manufacturing, HR, Logistics, and Finance.
Speaker Bio – Raj Peddisetty
• Digital Transformation advisor and a seasoned
practitioner of Design Thinking, User Experience
in Mobile, Ecommerce, Cloud and Marketing
• 11 years of experience in SAP, Oracle for
industries ranging from Wholesale, Retail to
Manufacturing and Healthcare.
• Experience: consultant, architect, developer for
system integrators such as IBM, Accenture, Cap
Gemini, SAP, CSC.
• Global business transformation projects for
Fortune 500 clients.
• MBA from the University of Chicago Booth
School of Business
and is certified in Design Thinking by IDEO.
▪ An Award winning Enterprise Mobility Solutions
▪ Prebuilt suite of 100+ Mobile Apps to solve
complex business problems
▪ Serving Fortune 1000 customers across
▪ Elite team with expertise in Business Process,
User Experience & Design Thinking
▪ Global presence across US & India
of the global enterprise
Put together a robust but adaptable Enterprise Mobile Strategy Framework by
taking a holistic view of an organizations mobility needs.
Hard to hire,
• Smartphone penetration
• Mobile workforce – Service, sales, Supply Chain, Customers
• Availability of Devices, connectivity.
• Demand for agility.
• Demand for real-time information, decision making.
Taking whatever SAP, Oracle, or
IBM is offering is not a strategy
Free Apps from SAP and Oracle
have more hidden costs and
results in expensive
customization and maintenance.
Capabilities None Early/Adhoc Intermediate Advanced Transformative
workshops help you
people really need.
Prioritize apps based
on Business value,
Estimate ROI and put
together a road map.
Design Thinking – Do business in new and better ways
Design Thinking Workshop Outcomes
• Overall high level requirements.
• Prioritization based on value. Ex. Sales apps have more value than backoffice apps.
• Weighted matrix w/ Technical feasibility, returns(Value), cost, etc.
• Wireframes – Iterate, test, and incorporate feedback.
Roadmap - Outcomes
• Put together the complete list of apps need to be developed.
• Establish timeline, high level budget, time, resources.
• Helps building a robust Mobility Strategy that could be part of a cohesive
• 3 types of users:
• Executives – Tablet users
• Employees/Customers – any smartphone/tablet.
• Field workers who use rugged devices.
• Providing your own devices is expensive and need to budget for maintenance.
• BYOD needs strict policies to secure and manage devices and Data.
• Ruggedizing is another cheaper alternative.
Rugged Device Strategy
• Expensive but durable.
• Capabilities: Credit card reader, high duty bar code scanner, compliance with
industry regulations, long battery life, etc.
• With Android, UX is similar to Smart Devices running iOS, Android.
• Strongly recommended for Field Service, Warehouse and plant maintenance
type of workers.
• Unique challenges <-- Business Process + App Dev + Infra + Ops
• Setup a COE of Legal, IT, and Business.
• Establish a charter.
• COE could report to the CIO.
• Setup roles and responsibilities.
Mobility Governance Policies
• How do you protect data?
• What apps have to be restricted?
• If company offers data plan reimbursements, can employees use this for
• Does the company offer support for personal devices?
• Policies, agreements, and consent from employees is tricky.
• Privacy policies, usage policies need to be in place.
Buy vs Build: Buying Off the shelf apps
• Quick go to market.
• Continued innovation
• Saves tons of money on design,
development and maintenance
• You need to pay License fee.
• Sometimes lack flexibility
• Some vendors force platforms and
• Some vendors lack comprehensive
Buy vs Build: Building the apps
• Tailor made custom apps
• Take enormous amounts of time and
resources to build 20+apps.
• Needs wide variety of skills.
• Takes longer to execute
CAPRIZA Could be a potential platform to alleviate many of
the Build issues.
Buy vs Build: Our recommendation
Research the solution providers with a comprehensive strategy towards
You need a full suite of apps, services for a quick journey towards Digital
Take a holistic enterprise wide look.
Native vs Hybrid vs HTML5
• Native apps offers the ultimate UX.
• Is appropriate for any scenario but
are too expensive to build, maintain
• For cross platform apps, Xamarin is
a best fit.
• Leverages all device functionality.
Consumer facing apps.
Revenue generating ecommerce
UX, branding and reputation are key.
• Balances between Native and
HTML5 apps in functionality,
development time, and costs.
• No compromise on leveraging
• But UX is not as smooth as Native
• UX is not critical.
• One set of code to serve all major
• Could support offline apps as well.
Native vs Hybrid vs HTML5
• Supports online only scenarios.
• UX is not as great as Native apps.
• Supports 70% to 80% of the use-
• Internal Employee facing
Productivity apps, transactional
• Examples: HR, Finance and
Customer support apps.
Native vs Hybrid vs HTML5